Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Caleb Helps Babies in Need

The Mothers Group I belong to is involved in helping out the local VNA (Visiting Nurses Association). Their clinics have OBs that deliver about 30-40 babies a month to mothers who are either uninsured or underinsured. During the baby's 1st pediatric visit, the moms receive a big basket of diapers, wipes, soap, clothes, etc. Yesterday, Caleb helped me shop for items to fill a basket. He picked out a toy, an outfit and a blanket and helped fill the cart with lotion, baby wash, diapers, wipes, etc. I told him that he was making a new baby (and mom) very happy. We had a good talk about how none of the fun things in our cart were for him, and he had to help new babies by giving to them. I'm not sure if he understood what I was talking about, but he did say "help" alot while shopping, so I figured that was good enough. :)

Today, we went to his friend Will's house. Will is in his playgroup and 2 of his other guy friends from playgroup were there two. The 4 of them are quite the buddies. Caleb had a great time (so did mom...the moms of these boys are my favorite in the group) and he took a good nap afterwards. When he woke up from his nap, he went to his highchair so I knew he was hungry. I asked him if he wanted either a banana or yogurt and he said "no, pot pie." "Caleb, you can't have pot pie now - we are going to eat a snack. So, do you want a banana or yogurt?" "no, pot pie." "you can have pot pie for dinner (he laughs) but for now, let's have a banana." The kid loves pot pies (grandma got him started with her homemade ones, but he'll still eat the ones I buy at the store)

Tonight I told Caleb "we have music class tomorrow morning, Caleb". He looked up from his train table, smiled at me and started singing one of his songs from class...I was shocked he even knew what I was saying, which reminded me that I need to watch what I say when I'm around him. :) So, we sang a few songs before bedtime...he danced and asked for more. I hope he's this enthusiastic about it tomorrow during class. Miss Joan will be so proud of him.

Thursday we have playgroup and Friday is not yet planned....either a morning at the Children's Museum, or just a day playing with trains while mom cleans and does laundry. Right now, the Children's Museum sounds more fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Webb said...

It's okay, Caleb, I like pot pie too better than banana or yogurt.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home