Caleb Attends His First Music Class
Caleb had his first music class today. He is taking it with his friend, Logan. I was alittle worried about the class when I walked in and saw that every kid (except Logan) was sitting still on his/her mom's lap...Caleb was running around on the mats (with Logan). But as soon as the teacher started playing the piano, I knew he'd be just fine (though he did go over to the teacher and came pretty close to playing a few notes himself...he was just at Grandma's house, and had fun playing the piano there so I thought for sure he would start playing there too). We sang lots of fun and silly songs that made Caleb smile. A few times, he made all the moms in the class laugh. The first time was when he was dancing in the middle of our circle with 2 little girls. One of the girls decided that he was pretty cute, so she ran up to him and gave him a big hug - - he immediately ran to me with a scrunched up/whiney face. The second time the mom's laughed at him was when he decided to "lounge" in the middle of the circle. He laid down, crossed his feet, and put his hands behind his head while watching the teacher sing. Keep in mind that all the other kids are in their mom's laps and clapping to the music. :) I thought it was hilarious. He was also able to play the drums, the tamborine and some type of rattly thing. He did get mad when we had to put the instruments away, but was soon distracted by another fun song. Overall, the class was a success and we are excited to go again. He liked listening to the music, playing instruments, dancing, and making silly noises with the teacher.
I forgot to mention in the last blog that when we were at grandma and grandpa's house last weekend he said "Baapa" for "grandpa". My dad was home for lunch on Monday afternoon and when Caleb watched him pull out of the driveway to go back to work, he said "bye baapa". :) I thought it was really cute. He is putting 2 words together more frequently now. He also signs please and thank you without any prompting from me (I still remind him sometimes, but it's nice to see he just does it occassionally w/o me "nagging" him about it). He's getting to be a big boy.
I forgot to mention in the last blog that when we were at grandma and grandpa's house last weekend he said "Baapa" for "grandpa". My dad was home for lunch on Monday afternoon and when Caleb watched him pull out of the driveway to go back to work, he said "bye baapa". :) I thought it was really cute. He is putting 2 words together more frequently now. He also signs please and thank you without any prompting from me (I still remind him sometimes, but it's nice to see he just does it occassionally w/o me "nagging" him about it). He's getting to be a big boy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home