Playgroup!
Today was our last official playgroup .... since all the kids are heading to preschool, we all decided not to meet every week....schedules seem to be getting to be too much. I personally don't want to over-schedule Caleb at this age. I like having both my boys home with me and I don't always want to be "on the go"...I don't think it's good for them. Caleb will have preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will have a gymnastics class on Wednesdays. We plan to meet up w/ a few of the moms & kids on Fridays, but not EVERY Friday (and 2 of these mom's have boys Sam's age, which is good b/c I really want to make sure he has these playdates too...he loves them). Sammy is signed up for a "class" this fall too...he is going to an open gym that Caleb used to attend. Sam will love it and I will love spending one-on-one time with him while Caleb is in school (even though it's only 2.5 hours - ha!).
So - anyway - today we celebrated our group at the park...and the boys (and the one and only girl, Kennedy) had a water balloon fight. Caleb & Logan "took on" Adam & Will. This was literally the good boys against the bad boys - ha! While this was going on , Kennedy practiced her aim (she was literally the best at this game - Caleb & Logan should've recruited her!)....Aiden (2 years old) tried to break the balloons so he could drink the water (even off the payment), and Sammy had fun on his own - throwing the balloons and watching them break...and then stomping and sitting in the water. Little Alex (Sam's age) didn't even know a water balloon fight was taking place (which is why he is not in any pictures)!
As you can see from the pictures, Logan & Caleb were best buddies (as they usually are at playgroup). Before the water balloon fight, Will and Caleb met an older girl and the three of them played chase for about a half hour. I can't believe how well Caleb climbs on the playground equipment now. I don't know what happened, but he has no fear anymore and is so much more coordinated and stronger than I thought - he has suprised me! He tries sooo hard to keep up w/ older kids. While they ran around, Sam & I played.....we had never been to this park, so Sam had a great time exploring and he did a good job listening to me.
Anyway - Everyone had a great time at the park and they all played harder than ever....and better than ever. No fighting, no crying, noone was "mean"...it was perfect. A nice way to end playgroup.
And I guess our celebration w/ our group is not officially over. Tomorrow, the little ones are staying w/ sitters or grandparents and the older ones are heading to Horton Hears a Who. Caleb is REALLY excited about this. I feel kinda bad for Sam. I think I need to get a sitter for Caleb and take Sam somewhere, but Sam's favorite place to be is next to Caleb so it won't be as big of a treat for him. Tomorrow, Sam will be with his friend Alex, so at least he has a little buddy to "replace" Caleb for a few hours.
So - anyway - today we celebrated our group at the park...and the boys (and the one and only girl, Kennedy) had a water balloon fight. Caleb & Logan "took on" Adam & Will. This was literally the good boys against the bad boys - ha! While this was going on , Kennedy practiced her aim (she was literally the best at this game - Caleb & Logan should've recruited her!)....Aiden (2 years old) tried to break the balloons so he could drink the water (even off the payment), and Sammy had fun on his own - throwing the balloons and watching them break...and then stomping and sitting in the water. Little Alex (Sam's age) didn't even know a water balloon fight was taking place (which is why he is not in any pictures)!
As you can see from the pictures, Logan & Caleb were best buddies (as they usually are at playgroup). Before the water balloon fight, Will and Caleb met an older girl and the three of them played chase for about a half hour. I can't believe how well Caleb climbs on the playground equipment now. I don't know what happened, but he has no fear anymore and is so much more coordinated and stronger than I thought - he has suprised me! He tries sooo hard to keep up w/ older kids. While they ran around, Sam & I played.....we had never been to this park, so Sam had a great time exploring and he did a good job listening to me.
Anyway - Everyone had a great time at the park and they all played harder than ever....and better than ever. No fighting, no crying, noone was "mean"...it was perfect. A nice way to end playgroup.
And I guess our celebration w/ our group is not officially over. Tomorrow, the little ones are staying w/ sitters or grandparents and the older ones are heading to Horton Hears a Who. Caleb is REALLY excited about this. I feel kinda bad for Sam. I think I need to get a sitter for Caleb and take Sam somewhere, but Sam's favorite place to be is next to Caleb so it won't be as big of a treat for him. Tomorrow, Sam will be with his friend Alex, so at least he has a little buddy to "replace" Caleb for a few hours.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home