Our Week
We had a really nice and "normal" week. The boys played really well - both together and with friends. They didn't play much together when we were on vacation the week before, and I think they must've missed their time together b/c they were basically inseparable when we were at home.
We played outside, went for walks, and ran errands on Monday & Tuesday. Awhile ago, I bought Sam a cheap plastic golf set (it was like $5 at ToysRUs) and I brought it out on Monday. Caleb actually LOVES it. He played it alot this week and really seemed interested in learning how to hit the ball and hold the club. Sam, on the other hand, was more interested in pulling the plastic cart around (being the caddy, I guess)...he also enjoyed throwing the golf balls in the street and watching me fetch them. Today Justin and I Iaughed b/c as I was chasing another ball in the street, Caleb told Sam "Sammy, that is not appropriate." Sammy still thought it was funny.
Wednesday we had a really fun playgroup. The boys all played so nicely together...they all rode bikes together, played on a swingset, kicked a soccer ball around and played nicely with toys inside. In the 3 1/2 hours we were there, I didn't hear one argument. It was delightful.
Friday morning, we met 4 of my friends and their kids at our favorite park. Caleb & Sam both had a blast. Although 2 of the boys in playgroup were there, he played w/ a 5 year old girl named Paige (who he has played with once before). The two of them were inseparable...they pretended they were good superheroes...they had a secret hiding spot, a secret handshake and LOTS of imaginary things with them. It was so funny to hear them play. They also met 2 really nice boys who they included in their secret club ...in the picture, they were all doing the secret handshake before they went on their mission to capture the bad guys (the two boys in playgroup...hahaha). This is a conversation I overheard (okay, I was spying):
Paige (to the boys): How old are you?
Boy 1: I'm 5
Boy 2: I'm 5 too.
Paige: Okay, well I'm 5 years old too.
Caleb: Well, I"m 3.
Paige: You're 3?
Caleb: Yep.
Paige: Well, that's okay. So, I'm the Chief of the ship.
Caleb: Okay.
PAUSE
Paige: What are you doing?
Caleb: I'm putting on my goggles (imaginary)
Paige: Oh. Okay everyone - put on your goggles AND your gloves. It's time to set sail and capture the bad guys.
They played this game for at least an hour. Leave it to Caleb to hang out with the 5 year olds. He really prefers to hang out w/ older kids...I think b/c he likes the way they play - - they really use their imaginations to play and they talk more (it makes him really mad when people don't talk...if he asks someone a question - he really expects them to answer and alot of 3 year old still don't). He usually talks too much, but when he's around older kids, he really listens and learns ...he still talks, but just not so much - ha!
Sam had a blast at the park too. He was very busy exploring...this park has a GREAT area for little ones...it's huge, there is lots to do and the ground is squishy/soft material so if they fall, it's not as bad. He had fun going down tornado slides, climbing through tunnels and hanging out w/ his friend Aiden (one of Logan's younger brothers). Aiden is 2 and is usually a bit of a bully, but he loves Sam and is really good to him....I like to think of him as Sam's body guard, but we all know Sam doesn't need one. ha.
We all had a picnic lunch afterwards with everyone, which made all the boys very happy. It was a really nice morning. Paige invited Caleb to her house to "play sometime"...I think Caleb was in heaven. I told her mom that Caleb loves playing with older kids and that Paige made his morning. She said "Paige usually likes playing w/ older kids too, but I think she made an exception for Caleb b/c she thinks he's so cute." Ha.
Today, Justin and the boys took care of the lawn. It was REALLY hot, so Caleb & Sam let Justin finish the backyard on his own while they played on the water table and had a snack in the shade. Tonight was movie night....once again, we popped popcorn, headed to the basement, got snuggled on the couch and watched "Flushed Away"...I really liked the movie - so did Caleb. Sammy says he enjoys movie nights too - but it's really the popcorn and hanging out in the basement he loves. The kid is just too busy to sit down to watch TV. He sat on the couch for about 2 minutes...next to Caleb, with his little bowl of popcorn. He ate most of his popcorn, but after he moved the bowl about 15 times, spilled it once...and ate most of it standing up. He is such a funny little kid.
We played outside, went for walks, and ran errands on Monday & Tuesday. Awhile ago, I bought Sam a cheap plastic golf set (it was like $5 at ToysRUs) and I brought it out on Monday. Caleb actually LOVES it. He played it alot this week and really seemed interested in learning how to hit the ball and hold the club. Sam, on the other hand, was more interested in pulling the plastic cart around (being the caddy, I guess)...he also enjoyed throwing the golf balls in the street and watching me fetch them. Today Justin and I Iaughed b/c as I was chasing another ball in the street, Caleb told Sam "Sammy, that is not appropriate." Sammy still thought it was funny.
Wednesday we had a really fun playgroup. The boys all played so nicely together...they all rode bikes together, played on a swingset, kicked a soccer ball around and played nicely with toys inside. In the 3 1/2 hours we were there, I didn't hear one argument. It was delightful.
Friday morning, we met 4 of my friends and their kids at our favorite park. Caleb & Sam both had a blast. Although 2 of the boys in playgroup were there, he played w/ a 5 year old girl named Paige (who he has played with once before). The two of them were inseparable...they pretended they were good superheroes...they had a secret hiding spot, a secret handshake and LOTS of imaginary things with them. It was so funny to hear them play. They also met 2 really nice boys who they included in their secret club ...in the picture, they were all doing the secret handshake before they went on their mission to capture the bad guys (the two boys in playgroup...hahaha). This is a conversation I overheard (okay, I was spying):
Paige (to the boys): How old are you?
Boy 1: I'm 5
Boy 2: I'm 5 too.
Paige: Okay, well I'm 5 years old too.
Caleb: Well, I"m 3.
Paige: You're 3?
Caleb: Yep.
Paige: Well, that's okay. So, I'm the Chief of the ship.
Caleb: Okay.
PAUSE
Paige: What are you doing?
Caleb: I'm putting on my goggles (imaginary)
Paige: Oh. Okay everyone - put on your goggles AND your gloves. It's time to set sail and capture the bad guys.
They played this game for at least an hour. Leave it to Caleb to hang out with the 5 year olds. He really prefers to hang out w/ older kids...I think b/c he likes the way they play - - they really use their imaginations to play and they talk more (it makes him really mad when people don't talk...if he asks someone a question - he really expects them to answer and alot of 3 year old still don't). He usually talks too much, but when he's around older kids, he really listens and learns ...he still talks, but just not so much - ha!
Sam had a blast at the park too. He was very busy exploring...this park has a GREAT area for little ones...it's huge, there is lots to do and the ground is squishy/soft material so if they fall, it's not as bad. He had fun going down tornado slides, climbing through tunnels and hanging out w/ his friend Aiden (one of Logan's younger brothers). Aiden is 2 and is usually a bit of a bully, but he loves Sam and is really good to him....I like to think of him as Sam's body guard, but we all know Sam doesn't need one. ha.
We all had a picnic lunch afterwards with everyone, which made all the boys very happy. It was a really nice morning. Paige invited Caleb to her house to "play sometime"...I think Caleb was in heaven. I told her mom that Caleb loves playing with older kids and that Paige made his morning. She said "Paige usually likes playing w/ older kids too, but I think she made an exception for Caleb b/c she thinks he's so cute." Ha.
Today, Justin and the boys took care of the lawn. It was REALLY hot, so Caleb & Sam let Justin finish the backyard on his own while they played on the water table and had a snack in the shade. Tonight was movie night....once again, we popped popcorn, headed to the basement, got snuggled on the couch and watched "Flushed Away"...I really liked the movie - so did Caleb. Sammy says he enjoys movie nights too - but it's really the popcorn and hanging out in the basement he loves. The kid is just too busy to sit down to watch TV. He sat on the couch for about 2 minutes...next to Caleb, with his little bowl of popcorn. He ate most of his popcorn, but after he moved the bowl about 15 times, spilled it once...and ate most of it standing up. He is such a funny little kid.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home