Sam
Sam had his 18 month check up on Friday morning. I was happy he had this check up because he had been limping for a few days. There is nothing to report on his leg/foot...the doctor didn't think it was a break or fracture since nothing was swollen, red or "hot"...and it didn't seem to be stopping him from walking or running. The doctor said they would x-ray it if it wasn't better this coming week. I think I'm calling tomorrow to get the x-ray b/c it's not better...in fact, he's compensating for the pain and now he's walking with his foot pointing out. Poor little guy.
Sammy is still 20% for weight and height. I know...20% for weight is crazy, given how solid he is. And his head size is still about 80%. I really don't feel like his head is THAT big...except for when I try to put a shirt over his head. It just doesn't look that big too me, but maybe I'm used to it. ha.
The doctor was impressed with his verbal skills. Sammy even got a "wow" from Dr. Lo when I told him he puts 3 words together now. I guess I don't think it's that crazy, but I only have Caleb as a comparison and his verbal skills developed earlier than normal too. I told the doctor I was suprised that Sam was ahead verbally, given that his older brother takes up all the "air time" in our house. He told me that sometimes, younger siblings can really learn from a talkative older brother/sister. I guess that's what is happening with Sam!
I didn't brag about Sam's jumping ability to Dr Lo, which is another 2 year milestone. He has been "catching air" for about 2 months now - which means he started this at 16 months. And by the way, he still jumps even with his bum leg/foot. Nothing stops this kid.
I was very happy that Sammy didn't have any shots this visit. I was also happy that Caleb came prepared.....with his stethoscope around his neck, ready to help Dr. Lo. ha! He insisted on bringing it to "help the doctor". He really watched him and would say "can I help too?" I think Dr. Lo liked Caleb's enthusiasm for the profession (ha) and he kindly let Caleb "help". And in all honesty, I think it made Sammy feel better about being there (he hates being there now)...a few times, Caleb's turn helping with the check up made Sammy laugh. Hopefully Caleb won't want to give Sam shots during the next visit.
Sammy is still 20% for weight and height. I know...20% for weight is crazy, given how solid he is. And his head size is still about 80%. I really don't feel like his head is THAT big...except for when I try to put a shirt over his head. It just doesn't look that big too me, but maybe I'm used to it. ha.
The doctor was impressed with his verbal skills. Sammy even got a "wow" from Dr. Lo when I told him he puts 3 words together now. I guess I don't think it's that crazy, but I only have Caleb as a comparison and his verbal skills developed earlier than normal too. I told the doctor I was suprised that Sam was ahead verbally, given that his older brother takes up all the "air time" in our house. He told me that sometimes, younger siblings can really learn from a talkative older brother/sister. I guess that's what is happening with Sam!
I didn't brag about Sam's jumping ability to Dr Lo, which is another 2 year milestone. He has been "catching air" for about 2 months now - which means he started this at 16 months. And by the way, he still jumps even with his bum leg/foot. Nothing stops this kid.
I was very happy that Sammy didn't have any shots this visit. I was also happy that Caleb came prepared.....with his stethoscope around his neck, ready to help Dr. Lo. ha! He insisted on bringing it to "help the doctor". He really watched him and would say "can I help too?" I think Dr. Lo liked Caleb's enthusiasm for the profession (ha) and he kindly let Caleb "help". And in all honesty, I think it made Sammy feel better about being there (he hates being there now)...a few times, Caleb's turn helping with the check up made Sammy laugh. Hopefully Caleb won't want to give Sam shots during the next visit.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home