Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 16, 2008

Little Buddies

Sam & Caleb have become pretty good little buddies....now, this is not the case ALL the time, but for the most part they enjoy being around each other and can really play together nicely. It's just so cool to see. I walked into their playroom today and Caleb was just letting Sam climb all over him (which he does alot) and giving him "rides" on his back (crawling on the floor w/ sam on his back).

Sam just follows Caleb around and does whatever Caleb is doing. Although this sometimes annoys Caleb, I think he misses it when he doesn't have his little brother tagging along b/c if Sam decides to do his own thing, Caleb seems to end up at his side anyway. It's cute.

Caleb really tried to do something special for Sam tonight....while Sammy continued to eat (he was on his third helping), Caleb was playing nicely in their playroom. Caleb came running into the kitchen and said "Sammy, Sammy I made a special train track just for you. Come and see it. Hold my hand and I will show you." After cleaning Sam off, I let him down and Caleb proudly held his hand and walked him into the room to show him the track he built "just for Sam". I said "wow Caleb, that was really nice of you." His reponse was a bit of a gagger, but it was cute nonetheless....he honestly said "it's no problem mama, that's what friends are for." Of course I laughed at this comment, but was happy he considered Sam a friend! They played nicely in the room while I cleaned up the kitchen. It's just delightful when they get along so well.

This week, a girlfriend of mine from college stayed for a few nights. She brought her 5 month old boy (Ian) with her and the boys did a nice job with him. I brought out a big bin of baby toys and Caleb insisted on picking out toys for baby Ian and HE wanted to bring them to him. Sammy quickly recognized that these were baby toys and would bring them to him if left in another room (he's very big on organization and making sure everyone has their on things!). He was very diligent about bringing Ian his pacifier.....he understood the importance of having that! Sam would just drop it next to him, but Caleb wanted to put it in his mouth. They were both very good with him. Sammy would say "hi baby" and "bye bye baby" when Ian would enter/leave the room. They left this morning and I haven't felt like putting the baby toys back. Sammy keeps bringing me the baby toys and saying "baby baby" ...I'm not sure if he thinks Ian forgot his toys, or if he is telling me to stop being lazy and put the toys away!! Somehow I have the feeling he wants them put away. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home