Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Moving and Talking


Sam
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
So Sam is still my mover, but he is becoming alittle talker. He really tries hard to repeat words...especially if it's something Caleb is saying. His new words, which I forgot to mention in my last blog, are "Guapa" (grandpa) and "Gama". Yeah! I figured I should write this so Grandma Sherri would know - I'm sure she'll enjoy hearing him say "Gama" too. He'll have to work on "Granddad" though. He said Guapa ALOT when my parents were here. Every time my dad would leave his sight, Sammy would run around yelling/crying "GUAPA GUAPA". And he threw a fit when my dad went to the store with Justin. I distracted him with bubbles...or as Sam would say, "bubas". He also likes saying "KaChow" (as in Lightning McQueen)....he just wants to be just like Caleb.

And speaking of Caleb, my favorite conversation so far this week with him happened today after we chatted with our neighbor Carl (who is probably in his low 70s). Carl went inside and Caleb closely watched him cross the street, go inside and close the door. After he closed the door....

Caleb: Mama, how old is Carl?
Me: What? How old is he? (he has never asked me how old someone is)
Caleb: Yeah. How old is he?
Me: Well, I'm not sure buddy.
Caleb: Well, when he comes out again, I'm going to ask him.
Me: Hmmmm I don't know bud. Let's not ask him.
Caleb: But I want to. I want to know how old he is.
Me: Why?
Caleb: (igores my question) When he comes out again, I'm going to say to Carl 'how old are you'? and he will tell me.

I'm actually secretly wondering the same thing....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sammy is ultra cool now that he says KaChow! I will tell Alex today. He is doing well with his words!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home