Crazy Caleb Quotes
Caleb has been at it again...making us all laugh at the silly things he says.
Today, we were in the grocery store - he usually walks right next to the cart, sometimes pushing or pulling it and making Sam laugh. When we were in one aisle though, I noticed he was walking slower and he wasn't right next to me. I turned and said "come on Caleb" "Oh, sorry mama, I was just busy flirting." "you were flirting?" "yes, I was flirting....with her" and he pointed to an 80 year old woman and smiled/blushed. Naturally, the 80 year old was smiling too...she wasn't blushing though. Caleb comes by this naturally...I love old people too, and have even been known to flirt with some (Jen Webb's grandfather, for one!)
Caleb has also been saying the silliest things at night...when he's supposed to be in bed and he comes out of his room. This is his favorite, and we hear it just about every night "oh mama & dada, if you don't go to bed right now, you won't have as much time to sleep."
This is what I heard last night (after the above):
"mama, I was just wondering. What's the opposite of night?"
Then after a trip to his potty, I tell him he needs to stay in bed, or I'm taking his Cars watch from him. 2 minutes later:
"oh, here you go mama, here is my cars watch. I got out of bed. Come get it mama. Here you go." That was pretty smart....that one got me back upstairs.
So the other day, I was mad at him for something and he said with a huge smile "stop it, baby." and I don't know why, but it made me laugh. He quickly changed my mood. So today, I was starting to get irritated with him again and he said (again, w/ a big grin on his face) "stop it baby" and I smiled. Then as we walked down the hall together he said "mama, when I do something naughty, I'm just going to say 'stop it baby' and then you won't be mad at me anymore." "oh yeah?" "yep, that's my new trick" "you know about tricks, huh?" "Yep, I sure do." "great." I'm in trouble.
Today, we were in the grocery store - he usually walks right next to the cart, sometimes pushing or pulling it and making Sam laugh. When we were in one aisle though, I noticed he was walking slower and he wasn't right next to me. I turned and said "come on Caleb" "Oh, sorry mama, I was just busy flirting." "you were flirting?" "yes, I was flirting....with her" and he pointed to an 80 year old woman and smiled/blushed. Naturally, the 80 year old was smiling too...she wasn't blushing though. Caleb comes by this naturally...I love old people too, and have even been known to flirt with some (Jen Webb's grandfather, for one!)
Caleb has also been saying the silliest things at night...when he's supposed to be in bed and he comes out of his room. This is his favorite, and we hear it just about every night "oh mama & dada, if you don't go to bed right now, you won't have as much time to sleep."
This is what I heard last night (after the above):
"mama, I was just wondering. What's the opposite of night?"
Then after a trip to his potty, I tell him he needs to stay in bed, or I'm taking his Cars watch from him. 2 minutes later:
"oh, here you go mama, here is my cars watch. I got out of bed. Come get it mama. Here you go." That was pretty smart....that one got me back upstairs.
So the other day, I was mad at him for something and he said with a huge smile "stop it, baby." and I don't know why, but it made me laugh. He quickly changed my mood. So today, I was starting to get irritated with him again and he said (again, w/ a big grin on his face) "stop it baby" and I smiled. Then as we walked down the hall together he said "mama, when I do something naughty, I'm just going to say 'stop it baby' and then you won't be mad at me anymore." "oh yeah?" "yep, that's my new trick" "you know about tricks, huh?" "Yep, I sure do." "great." I'm in trouble.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home