Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 28, 2008

Messy, Sicky & Crazy Days


Messy Sam
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
Wow - I'm a bad blogger these days. Our computer is partly to blame for my "blog neglect"....I suppose it (the computer) felt that since we were all sick (yes, again), that it was entitled to be sick and not work too. It's fair, I suppose.

Anyway - instead of boring you with what we've been up to the past few wks (which, by the way, mostly consist of doctors appointments, Disney movies and lots of snuggling on the couch - with both boys)....I will share a few new things they are both doing and a few conversation that were kinda funny.

Sam, as you can see, is now feeding himself. He'll eat absolutely anything I put in front of him...but he wants to feed himself.

Sam is really into mimicing things that people do and he actually has a pretty good fake cough and sneeze. I realized over the past few days that this has caused a small problem for me though ...or really, for Caleb. Let me explain. So Caleb has had a REALLY bad cough. It's a hard, dry cough - - so hard that he has thrown up from it a few times. You may also know that Caleb gets "grossed out" pretty easily and gags at the sight of drool (Aunt Amy) and spit up/vomit (Grandpa). So over the past few days, while eating at the table together, Caleb will cough really hard and will do everything he can to "keep it all together" so he doesn't get sick. Sam thinks Caleb's coughing is funny, so he starts coughing and making the gagging sound to be like his big brother. Seeing Sammy cough and gag makes Caleb gag again.....and the cycle continues. So, I'm usually yelling "Sammy stop coughing" "Caleb, don't look at Sammy".

When Sammy is not making a mess eating, following Caleb around, or trying out new stunts in the house, he is sweetly carrying around his doggie and his blanket. It's really adorable and I keep missing the "good picture" of it....he's our little "Linus".

Sammy & Caleb also just went to get their haircut together for the 1st time this past weekend at Cookie Cutters. Caleb graciously offered to let Sammy go first (HA!) and Sammy thought it was just about the coolest thing he has ever done...he was sitting in Lightning McQueen (and driving very well), watching Thomas, flirting with the girl cutting his hair and admiring himself in the mirror. He was even more excited when Caleb sat across from him in an airplane. Caleb wasn't as excited, but he did better than usual and possibly enjoyed it for the 1st time. They both look very handsome...maybe I'll take some pics tomorrow.

We were all healthy enough to go to Music Class today. Caleb continues to amaze me in that class. He really knows the words to the songs better than I do. Watching him in that class makes me feel like he'll do really well in preschool in September. He is really confident in that class and whenever the teacher asks a question about a song he is the first to respond...he's almost alittle too eager though - for example - today:
Miss Joan (to class): What else do you do when you're in the car (we are singing about riding in a car)?
Caleb: Oh - read books
Miss Joan: Great (then we sing about reading books in the car)
Miss Joan: What else?
Caleb: Oh, drink water.
Miss Joan: Great (we sing about drinking water)
Miss Joan: What about someone else (looking around the room...avoiding eye contact with Caleb) what else do you do in the car?
Caleb: Oh - I know - eat.
Me: Caleb - let someone answer...just wait buddy.
Miss Joan: What about looking out the window?....what do you look for when you're riding in the car, Veronica?
Veronica: (silence)
Caleb: Oh, I look outside for animals.
Me: Caleb, just wait buddy...let someone else answer.
Veronica: animals.
Caleb and Miss Joan look at each other and Caleb is seriously glowing he's so happy.

During one of our many doctor's visits we saw a doctor that we haven't met yet. I really liked her and Caleb did too (which was good, b/c the appointment was for him). Anyway...here is just the START of the conversation we (or they) had at the appointment:
Dr: (to me) So what's going on - Caleb isn't feeling good?
Me: No, he's had a cough since Tuesday and... (Caleb interrupts)
Caleb: Um, I had coughs and I coughed SO HARD I spit out and there were triangles in my spit out. Spit out in the shape of a TRIANGLE. Mama said 'oh, that's okay'. And I hurt my arm one day when I fell at Kennedy's house. Maybe you could look at my arm.....

Now that he is better (and his arm has healed...whatever) he has been ignoring trains and cars and has been building towers with blocks, playing basketball, soccer, baseball (yes...all in the house), playing hide-and-seek (he finally gets it), and begging Sammy to chase him (Sammy is very close to running). He is also doctoring his stuffed animals, fixing things with daddy and mastering the art of arguing with mom. I'm winning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home