Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Happy December!


Sweet Sam
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
I can't believe it's December already....that means Sammy will be 1 in a few weeks. He's getting to be such a handful, but he's so cute and so fun. It's just hard to keep up with him. He is getting better each day with walking, but still won't walk unless he's walking into someone's arms (where he can head-dive into your belly if he wants). He can easily take 4-5 steps and today he tried to RUN those 4-5 steps...not walk them. I'm in trouble. He is really doing well with his signing too, and he uses signs that are so helpful! He signs: more, milk, eat, water, all done, dog and now he has a sign for when he wants to walk. He also signs "more" and then points to what he wants more of so he's putting it all together. I think he's going to be a smarty too.

I took the boys back to the preschool on Friday morning to get Caleb signed up. Although school doesn't start until September, there were only a few spots left so I was very happy to get him in....one less thing I have to worry about. While I was filling out paperwork in the school office, Caleb and I were having one of our usual conversations. Before we left, the woman working in the office smiled at me and said "He is VERY bright". I said something about his verbal skills being pretty good, and she commented on how he thinks through things before he speaks. The wheels are definitely always going in that kid's head. I was just glad Caleb didn't call her an eavesdropper, which is what I call him when he listens in on conversations I'm having with other people!

So Caleb has a new interest. Basketball. Chris & Jen bought him the Little Tikes basketball hoop/ball for his 2nd Birthday. Although he played with it some, it never really kept his attention for more than a few minutes. I moved the hoop from the basement to outdoors and the other day I brought it back inside but put it in a different place in the house and he has been playing basketball more than trains!! We also did an obstacle course in our basement today and he ran for at least 30 minutes today (in addition to all his basketball). So despite the cold weather, we (okay...just he) is still getting plenty of exercise! Not sure why he was up until 9:30 tonight though. (sigh)

Caleb gave me a pep-talk today. Sammy was into the outlets (as usual) and would put his finger on one and look at me. I said "Sammy, NO" about 15 times and finally Caleb said "mama, don't worry, Sammy will listen to you when he is a big boy. He's just a baby now, but soon he will be a big boy. Then he will listen to you. Don't worry mama, don't worry."

Who is this kid? Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home