Brotherly Love
Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve blogged and we really haven’t been that busy.
Justin was in school this past weekend, so it was up to me to entertain the boys….and myself. Friday, we met his playgroup friends at a great park. Sammy enjoyed the swings again, and he also enjoyed playing in and eating mulch (see pics). Caleb had a great time going down slides, riding on the “big boy swing” and running around with his friends on a gorgeous day. We all went out for pizza afterwards (Sammy just had peas and a banana. Sorry Sam). Saturday, we were going to meet with playgroup friends again (2 of the other husbands were out of town as well), but one of the boys had the stomach flu so we cancelled. Caleb, Sam & I decided to shop for Justin’s birthday and spend alittle time outside…in the shade though – it was in the low 90s. When Justin got back from school we headed to Portillo’s for a quick, fun dinner. On the walk back to our car, Caleb said “what a beautiful moonlit night”. Silly kid….though it was a really nice night. Ha.
Sunday, we ran errands (Sammy needed a new carseat), played outside and watched football (I had a bad football week). A pretty uneventful weekend, but it was fairly relaxing.
This week we have been enjoying the beautiful fall weather. I've had the boys outside alot and Caleb has loved playing with Anthony & Issac, our next door neighbors. Sammy likes watching the kids play from his excersaucer, and he and I also play catch (he loves balls).
Caleb & Sam are getting along great. As you can see from the pics, they continue to play together, but playing together now involves "wrestling" (aka - Sammy climbs on Caleb, smacks him around and Caleb just sits there and takes it....not sure how long that will last). Caleb tries so hard to take good care of Sam (see pic of him trying to help w/ his bottle). When Sammy is standing, Caleb oftentimes will make sure there is a pillow behind him in case he falls. For some reason, this week he has been patting his head alot when he walks past him. I think it's so funny.
Over the weekend, Sammy sat up on his own for the first time (from lying down position). He was sure to clap for himself afterwards(Caleb & I were cheering too). ha!
Caleb continues to amaze us with his crazy brain. I was having fun with his sidewalk chalk Sunday afternoon before the Bears/Packers game and I wrote "Go Packers" on the driveway. When I was done, I pointed to the "G" and asked "Caleb, what letter is this?" His reply - "That says "GO" mama." Justin, Carl (the neighbor) and I all looked at each other with wide eyes. I guess is should not have surprised me that much...his new thing now is "Mama, what does that say" and he tries to sound words out. It's crazy.
We had a funny little conversation today after naptime. I was changing his diaper and noticed that he really bruised his leg after a fall he had yesterday. I felt bad b/c I really didn't think he fell that hard so I didn't pay much attention to his cries (I gave him a kiss, but not alot of sympathy). So after seeing the bruise, this was our conversation:
me: Oh, buddy - you did get a bruise from your fall yesterday. I'm sorry. That really must have hurt. (I kiss it) Oh, I'm sorry.
Caleb: Oh mama. That's okay. Don't feel bad mama. I want you to be happy.
Me: Oh, I am happy, bud.
Caleb: I want dada to be happy too.
Me: Yes, I do too.
Caleb: But he's not happy right now. He's at work.
Me: (laughing). Well, you're probably right.
Caleb: Yes, but he'll be happy again when he gets home.
Justin was in school this past weekend, so it was up to me to entertain the boys….and myself. Friday, we met his playgroup friends at a great park. Sammy enjoyed the swings again, and he also enjoyed playing in and eating mulch (see pics). Caleb had a great time going down slides, riding on the “big boy swing” and running around with his friends on a gorgeous day. We all went out for pizza afterwards (Sammy just had peas and a banana. Sorry Sam). Saturday, we were going to meet with playgroup friends again (2 of the other husbands were out of town as well), but one of the boys had the stomach flu so we cancelled. Caleb, Sam & I decided to shop for Justin’s birthday and spend alittle time outside…in the shade though – it was in the low 90s. When Justin got back from school we headed to Portillo’s for a quick, fun dinner. On the walk back to our car, Caleb said “what a beautiful moonlit night”. Silly kid….though it was a really nice night. Ha.
Sunday, we ran errands (Sammy needed a new carseat), played outside and watched football (I had a bad football week). A pretty uneventful weekend, but it was fairly relaxing.
This week we have been enjoying the beautiful fall weather. I've had the boys outside alot and Caleb has loved playing with Anthony & Issac, our next door neighbors. Sammy likes watching the kids play from his excersaucer, and he and I also play catch (he loves balls).
Caleb & Sam are getting along great. As you can see from the pics, they continue to play together, but playing together now involves "wrestling" (aka - Sammy climbs on Caleb, smacks him around and Caleb just sits there and takes it....not sure how long that will last). Caleb tries so hard to take good care of Sam (see pic of him trying to help w/ his bottle). When Sammy is standing, Caleb oftentimes will make sure there is a pillow behind him in case he falls. For some reason, this week he has been patting his head alot when he walks past him. I think it's so funny.
Over the weekend, Sammy sat up on his own for the first time (from lying down position). He was sure to clap for himself afterwards(Caleb & I were cheering too). ha!
Caleb continues to amaze us with his crazy brain. I was having fun with his sidewalk chalk Sunday afternoon before the Bears/Packers game and I wrote "Go Packers" on the driveway. When I was done, I pointed to the "G" and asked "Caleb, what letter is this?" His reply - "That says "GO" mama." Justin, Carl (the neighbor) and I all looked at each other with wide eyes. I guess is should not have surprised me that much...his new thing now is "Mama, what does that say" and he tries to sound words out. It's crazy.
We had a funny little conversation today after naptime. I was changing his diaper and noticed that he really bruised his leg after a fall he had yesterday. I felt bad b/c I really didn't think he fell that hard so I didn't pay much attention to his cries (I gave him a kiss, but not alot of sympathy). So after seeing the bruise, this was our conversation:
me: Oh, buddy - you did get a bruise from your fall yesterday. I'm sorry. That really must have hurt. (I kiss it) Oh, I'm sorry.
Caleb: Oh mama. That's okay. Don't feel bad mama. I want you to be happy.
Me: Oh, I am happy, bud.
Caleb: I want dada to be happy too.
Me: Yes, I do too.
Caleb: But he's not happy right now. He's at work.
Me: (laughing). Well, you're probably right.
Caleb: Yes, but he'll be happy again when he gets home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home