Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 17, 2007

Da Boys, Da Bears


Boys on Game Day
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
It's a good thing I enjoy football, huh? You're looking at what my weekends are going to be like for the next 5 months. For some reason I think this is the first of MANY photos like this that I will take of the boys on gameday. In a few years maybe we'll even have photos taken at a stadium (in Chicago AND Green Bay).....Uncle Casey is great at finding tickets to just about anything, and I'm sure Caleb & Sam will quickly learn this about him.

On Sunday, I had a baby shower to go to in Milwaukee and Justin was in charge of the boys all day. I think he was excited about getting them dressed in their Bears jerseys (we have Packer attire too, but Justin got them dressed so....). They went out for lunch (Culvers, of course) and had fun playing outside and watching football. Justin must've worn them out b/c they both took great naps that day (that always happens when I'm not around....).

Saturday afternoon we went to a fun birthday party for our friends w/ the triplets - they turned 3 and the place was packed with 2 and 3 year olds. Caleb had a great time and was extremely well behaved. He had alot of fun playing on their swingset and he quickly set up the train table when the party moved indoors. Becca asked if Caleb could play at their house more often b/c he always puts together good tracks (her boys aren't very interested in the train table). Sammy had fun attending his first birthday party. He pulled grass, rolled around in the yard and was happy to play with cars and trucks inside.

The rest of the week was nice. We had playgroup on Wednesday and we started music class again on Thursday - Caleb & I were so excited!! Miss Joan was very happy to see Caleb and told me after class how happy she was that he was in her class again and then asked Caleb for a hug. She remembered how well he knew the words to the songs from last session and said that it wasn't typical for someone so young to memorize so many songs that quickly. We'll see how he does this session - I hope he enjoys the new songs. Sammy attends these classes as well. He participated on Thursday and I was really excited that he seemed to enjoy it as well. We played little shakers during one song and Sammy honestly followed what everyone else did with them - - if we pounded them on the floor, he did too. If we clapped them together, he did that too. I was very proud of him. Of course Caleb follows every motion/dance move the teacher does (and not many kids do) and I can only hope that Sammy will do the same.

This past week I have stopped putting Caleb in the carts at the store and he has done SO well. I just can't carry Sammy in the Bjorn anymore and if the stores don't have those enormous carts w/ a special area for toddlers to sit, Caleb has to walk. He either walks right by my side, or he wants to push the cart. We have been grocery shopping, to Target, TJMaxx, Old Navy and to Toys R Us (!!!) and he has behaved perfectly. I expected the Toys R Us outing to be a disaster with him running all over wanting toys, but he didn't ask for a thing and he really tried helping me pick out toys for the Birthday Party (it was our "mission"...as in Little Einstein's Missions). This was a conversation we probably had a dozen times in the store.
Caleb: Oh mama, look at this. This is a good idea.
Me: Oh, that looks really cool Caleb, but I'm not sure if they can play with that. Can you put that back for me and find something else?
Caleb: Oh, okay mama.
He did actually find something I almost bought. :)
While emptying my cart at the check out, I did notice a bag of Starburts, some batteries and pencils with the name "Allison" on them that all "mysteriously" found their way into my cart. I thought it was kinda funny. What I *didn't* think was funny was the lady working there thinking Sammy (who was dressed in a blue and red FOOTBALL JERSEY) was a girl. I just don't get it.

We are heading out to buy Molly or Emily (trains) tomorrow. Caleb went to the bathroom on his little toilet tonight. We were so proud of him. It took him awhile, but that didn't seem to bother him a bit - he enjoyed flipping through the pages of a magazine as he sat there....it looked hilarious (still debating on posting the funny pics of him).

Sammy is already having a difficult night. He's been in his crib for 3 hours and has been up 4 times already. I think it's going to be a rough night. I think he's teething....*still* doesn't have a tooth (I thought he was getting one a month or two ago, but never came through). He's 9 months...shouldn't he have a tooth? And shouldn't we both be sleeping through the night? Where is grandma?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Webb said...

I cannot believe that Caleb is so good at walking through the stores! But I know what you are saying about the mysterious items that find their way into the cart. Alex has begun "helping" me unload the cart. It's funny!

I secretly paid Sammy a $100 bill to make Alex's lack of sleeping through the night (until he was nearly 7 months!) seem like a happy dream!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home