Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 17, 2007

My Little ChatterBox

I love the fact that Caleb talks as well as he does. I think it has been one of the reasons why we haven’t had to deal with the Terrible Twos…..he has been able to communicate with us very well since he was about 20 months and the frustration that some 2 year olds have with others not understanding them has luckily been avoided. I love listening to him talk and hearing the silly things he says and I love having conversations with him. BUT, today it actually caused some embarrassment and I don’t embarrass very easily….

So, we were at the park today (where the cute pic of Caleb was taken) …finally a beautiful day – 78 degrees. I had just pushed Caleb on the swing for about 20 minutes and we decided to walk over to where the slides and tunnels are. When we got to the play equipment, I noticed there were only 2 kids there with their dad. Caleb (aka Mr. Friendly) quickly made friends with this dad. Here is the embarrassing conversation he had with him though...
Caleb: Hello
Man: Hey there buddy.
Caleb: This is my friend, mommy. (and he points to me…thanks for the introduction, Caleb..but more importantly, thanks for calling me a friend. Ha!)
Man: Oh, well I’m glad you’re here with your mom. That’s really nice.
Caleb: Yes. Mama pushes me.
Man: Oh
Me: Yes, I pushed you on the swing, didn’t I?
Caleb: No, you don’t push me on the swing. You pushed me.
Me: Caleb, I just pushed you on the swing.
Caleb: No you didn’t. (then looks at the man) My mama pushes me down the slide.
Man: Oh that sounds like fun.
Me: Caleb, I don’t push you down the slide.
Caleb: Yes you do.
Me: No I don’t (arguing with a 2 year old is so pointless, but I do it anyway). Why don’t you go down the slide now?
Caleb: Okay mama.

The man probably called CPS on me.

Other than the embarrassing conversation, we had a great time at the park (see more pics). Caleb will no longer use the stairs, he has to climb up to the slides/etc using the “big boy” way of getting up - the scarier ways - and he doesn’t like me to be near him when he goes up these new ways (see pics). It freaks me out alittle, but I’m getting used to it. He played on the equipment for almost an hour and then we walked around the “zoo” portion of this park and saw a llama, and alligator, duck, cougar, fox, turkey, turtles, and a big snake. We had a nice picnic afterwards and then came home to tell dada all about it (Justin is home sick…strep throat). Sammy had a nice time getting fresh air too. He loves watching Caleb go down on the slides and he enjoyed seeing the animals too.

After naptime, Caleb, Sam & I decided to get Justin some Gatorade, so we walked to CVS (I needed the exercise and the weather was finally perfect). We pretended that we were Little Einsteins (Caleb’s new favorite show) and our mission was to find Gatorade…and lollipops. I was June, Caleb was Leo, Sammy was Quincy and the double stroller was Rocket. We yelled "Mission Completion" when we got home.

Caleb has a great imagination....June, from Little Einsteins, is his little imaginary friend right now. He puts her in the carseat, he feeds her, he plays with her and I guess she is small enough to fit in his little hand. Ha! It's really cute.

He's doing really well in his big boy bed (still no falling out!)...but if he starts tucking June in next to him I'll need to have a talk with him. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture. Kelly I think you have a real talent for photos.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home