Caleb & Sam Spend Time in Indy
It's been a while since I've blogged....we have not had a fun week. Caleb has been sick since Sunday. He's finally feeling better, but supposedly he's still contagious so we are trying to find lots of "new" things to do around the house - we are both pretty sick of being at home right now. And needless to say, I've been doing alot of playing...not alot of time on the computer.
So although this week has been very uneventful, last week was great. We spent time in Indy, visiting Justin's parents and Chris, Jen & Alex. Caleb was really excited to see his cousin Alex. They are so close in age and they both share the same INSANE love for Thomas Trains! In Caleb's mind, you can't get much better than that. Needless to say, he was happy when he walked into his grandparents house and was greeted by Alex, who was wearing a Thomas shirt and was holding a few trains. So that Saturday afternoon, the boys were either playing trains inside or were playing on the swingset. Grandma made a yummy dinner in the crockpot that we all enjoyed and Uncle Chris kept everyone entertained by telling Thomas stories....We were all amused by his storytelling, and I think Chris secretly loves acting them out...especially when he can be Caroline.
Sunday, Chris Jen & Alex returned to Ken & Sherri's house and after Sam woke up from his nap we headed to the Johnson County Fair....what a sight. I literally told Justin that I have never seen anything like it. Weird and a bit scary (some of the people)...but Caleb & Alex had a blast, so who could complain. :) The boys rode on some of the rides together (very cute) and Caleb & Justin went down a giant slide together (the picture of that is very funny). I have more pics from the week to post...they are still on Justin's computer, so in the meantime, Jen emailed me this cute one of our boys. I'll post the others this wknd..I hope.
Monday, we headed to the zoo. Caleb had a really good time there. We hadn't been to a zoo all summer, so I think he really enjoyed seeing all the animals. We talk about animals all the time, so it's kinda cool for him to see them in person. Caleb was able to pet an elephant, watch a dolphin show and ride on a train. He also had a blast in the little sprinkler park in the zoo...I have great pics from that. I think Grandma & Granddad were very entertained watching Caleb get soaked. The Indianapolis zoo is great....I think we all had a really good time there.
To cool off after the zoo, Caleb went swimming w/ Justin and Grandma & Granddad. He lasted much longer in the pool than I thought. I knew he enjoyed being in the water, but he's so into doing things by himself that I didn't think he would let anyone help him, but he did, which made swim time enjoyable for everyone.
Tuesday, we relaxed and then headed to Chris, Jen & Alex's house for a VERY yummy dinner. The boys played on Alex's new swing set (very cool) and of course they played trains. They also took a bubble bath together and had fun coloring on the bathroom wall (w/ soap crayons) and then they spent about a half hour chasing each other through the house. I think my favorite part of the evening was watching Alex chase Caleb. Caleb LOVES being chased, but I think I was more entertained than Caleb watching little Alex run. During our visit, Alex got a little taste of what being a big brother was all about - he's going to have a little brother in October. He wasn't quite sure about Sammy in the beginning, but I think after he realized that Sam wasn't the new baby brother and that he wasn't there to stay (ha!), he enjoyed him alittle more. :) After all the chasing, Grandma & granddad read books to Alex & Caleb, Justin & Chris played Xbox and Jen & I chatted. Very nice night.
Wednesday was another relaxing day...which was very much needed after a horrific night with Sammy. I think he caught a virus (which Caleb had this week) and was up every half hour it seemed. So Wednesday, he spent the majority of the time in grandma's arms, where he was very content. Thanks grandma.
Thursday we headed back home. Sam still didn't feel good (fever and not eating) so Saturday morning I took him to the doctor. By Sunday he felt much better, but Caleb had a temp of 103 and felt horrible. Of course, Sammy slept through the night that night as well as the following....only b/c we were up w/ Caleb all night. Now that Caleb is feeling better, Sammy has gone back to waking up in the night. I seriously can't get a break.
So the three of us have been keeping each other entertained at home all day, and we rely on Justin to take over at 6:00. Wednesday he was out of town so Caleb filled in for Justin. This is a conversation from Wednesday night as I was giving Sammy a bath.
Caleb: Mama, open the door please (he closed it)
Me: I can't buddy, I can't leave Sammy alone in the bathtub. He'll only be in the bathtub for a few more minutes.
Caleb: Mom, just drain the water.
Me (laughing): Yes, I will drain the water after I'm done with his bath. Just a few more minutes.
Caleb knocks on the door.
Caleb: Knock Knock mama
Me: Whose there?
Caleb: Boo
Me: Boo who?
Caleb: I didn't mean to make you cry.
Repeat knock-knock joke 5 or 6 times.....I guess he was feeling better.
So although this week has been very uneventful, last week was great. We spent time in Indy, visiting Justin's parents and Chris, Jen & Alex. Caleb was really excited to see his cousin Alex. They are so close in age and they both share the same INSANE love for Thomas Trains! In Caleb's mind, you can't get much better than that. Needless to say, he was happy when he walked into his grandparents house and was greeted by Alex, who was wearing a Thomas shirt and was holding a few trains. So that Saturday afternoon, the boys were either playing trains inside or were playing on the swingset. Grandma made a yummy dinner in the crockpot that we all enjoyed and Uncle Chris kept everyone entertained by telling Thomas stories....We were all amused by his storytelling, and I think Chris secretly loves acting them out...especially when he can be Caroline.
Sunday, Chris Jen & Alex returned to Ken & Sherri's house and after Sam woke up from his nap we headed to the Johnson County Fair....what a sight. I literally told Justin that I have never seen anything like it. Weird and a bit scary (some of the people)...but Caleb & Alex had a blast, so who could complain. :) The boys rode on some of the rides together (very cute) and Caleb & Justin went down a giant slide together (the picture of that is very funny). I have more pics from the week to post...they are still on Justin's computer, so in the meantime, Jen emailed me this cute one of our boys. I'll post the others this wknd..I hope.
Monday, we headed to the zoo. Caleb had a really good time there. We hadn't been to a zoo all summer, so I think he really enjoyed seeing all the animals. We talk about animals all the time, so it's kinda cool for him to see them in person. Caleb was able to pet an elephant, watch a dolphin show and ride on a train. He also had a blast in the little sprinkler park in the zoo...I have great pics from that. I think Grandma & Granddad were very entertained watching Caleb get soaked. The Indianapolis zoo is great....I think we all had a really good time there.
To cool off after the zoo, Caleb went swimming w/ Justin and Grandma & Granddad. He lasted much longer in the pool than I thought. I knew he enjoyed being in the water, but he's so into doing things by himself that I didn't think he would let anyone help him, but he did, which made swim time enjoyable for everyone.
Tuesday, we relaxed and then headed to Chris, Jen & Alex's house for a VERY yummy dinner. The boys played on Alex's new swing set (very cool) and of course they played trains. They also took a bubble bath together and had fun coloring on the bathroom wall (w/ soap crayons) and then they spent about a half hour chasing each other through the house. I think my favorite part of the evening was watching Alex chase Caleb. Caleb LOVES being chased, but I think I was more entertained than Caleb watching little Alex run. During our visit, Alex got a little taste of what being a big brother was all about - he's going to have a little brother in October. He wasn't quite sure about Sammy in the beginning, but I think after he realized that Sam wasn't the new baby brother and that he wasn't there to stay (ha!), he enjoyed him alittle more. :) After all the chasing, Grandma & granddad read books to Alex & Caleb, Justin & Chris played Xbox and Jen & I chatted. Very nice night.
Wednesday was another relaxing day...which was very much needed after a horrific night with Sammy. I think he caught a virus (which Caleb had this week) and was up every half hour it seemed. So Wednesday, he spent the majority of the time in grandma's arms, where he was very content. Thanks grandma.
Thursday we headed back home. Sam still didn't feel good (fever and not eating) so Saturday morning I took him to the doctor. By Sunday he felt much better, but Caleb had a temp of 103 and felt horrible. Of course, Sammy slept through the night that night as well as the following....only b/c we were up w/ Caleb all night. Now that Caleb is feeling better, Sammy has gone back to waking up in the night. I seriously can't get a break.
So the three of us have been keeping each other entertained at home all day, and we rely on Justin to take over at 6:00. Wednesday he was out of town so Caleb filled in for Justin. This is a conversation from Wednesday night as I was giving Sammy a bath.
Caleb: Mama, open the door please (he closed it)
Me: I can't buddy, I can't leave Sammy alone in the bathtub. He'll only be in the bathtub for a few more minutes.
Caleb: Mom, just drain the water.
Me (laughing): Yes, I will drain the water after I'm done with his bath. Just a few more minutes.
Caleb knocks on the door.
Caleb: Knock Knock mama
Me: Whose there?
Caleb: Boo
Me: Boo who?
Caleb: I didn't mean to make you cry.
Repeat knock-knock joke 5 or 6 times.....I guess he was feeling better.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home