Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Nice Vist From Grandma


Caleb & Grandma
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
Caleb, Sammy and I were very happy to see Grandma on Sunday afternoon. Justin left on Saturday for "Live-In Week" at school and Grandma was happy to come keep us company.

Monday we took Sammy to his 6 month doctor's appointment. He is low on both weight and height, so contrary to what everyone who sees him thinks...he's not such a chunky monkey. :) He's only 40% for weight...and only 25% for height. I think he's taller than that, but that's b/c he can easily fit in pants that are 9-12 month (and they aren't too long). He has been fighting me at the high chair (with eating rice cereal) and grandma finally won the fight for me this week. He usually gripes now for the first few minutes, and then gives in and just eats it. He knows I'm not going to give up anymore! I'm going to introduce a vegetable this week and am anticipating alot of complaining. I'm going to win though...I refuse to have a picky eater around.

I have been told AT LEAST a dozen times that Sammy looks like a girl. Poor Sam...I do try to keep him in blue b/c of that, but it didn't stop a woman at Target this past week. He's dressed in blue and is sucking on a blue pacifier and the poor little guy is still mistaken for a girl. Ha! He doesn't seem to mind - he just smiles and kicks his chubby legs.

After Sam's doctor's appointment, we headed to Cookie Cutters to get Caleb's (almost monthly!) haircut. Once again, I told them to just chop it all off b/c it grows back so quickly...and straight up! We made a quick trip to Costo after that and home for lunch. Grandma and Caleb played after naptime and we all took a nice walk after dinner.

Yesterday it was in the 90s so we decided to go to the Children's Museum. Caleb had a great time showing Grandma all his favorite places to play and Sammy enjoyed looking at all the cool things on the ceiling. They do have a baby area, but Sam puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, which grosses me out when we are in public places like that, so he played w/ his own toys! Sorry Sam, I'm a germ freak - stop putting crap in your mouth and you can play at the museum. :) They were both little angels there, which made for a very fun time. Grandma told Caleb he could pick the restaurant of his choice for dinner last night and after going back and forth between Culvers and Red Robin, he choose Red Robin. As you can see in the picture, he's very happy to be sitting with Grandma at Red Robin. Sammy slept the whole time....good boy. So far, Sammy has been just as easy as Caleb when it comes to eating out. I don't think we have ever had a tantrum or even fussiness at a restaurant with Caleb and I hope Sammy will be the same way...makes for fun dinners out!

This morning, Caleb, Grandma and I played outside while Sammy took a nice long (for him) nap. When Sammy woke up, Caleb decided that HE needed to check on him, so off he went inside, up the stairs and into his "broders" room, where he climbed up on the crib, peeked in and turned Sammy's cry into a big laugh. "Sammy's awake mama. You need to get him out of his crib." Yes, sir.

Grandma had to leave this afternoon, but I explained to Caleb that although Grandma had to leave, Dada is coming home tomorrow (yeah!!) and Uncle Casey comes in a few days and is bringing Mally (who he really likes)...and then we go to grandma & grandpa's house!

The boys are all excited to show Justin their new tricks....Caleb now sings Frank Sinatra (Fly Me To the Moon....it's hilarious - just ask Grandma) and Sammy is saying "Dadadadadada" and is doing really well on his tummy. Caleb does all Sammy's speech "exercises" with him - he probably encourages him more than I do. I often hear him say "Sammy, say A-Goooo and A-Geeee" and then he'll say "Sammy - babababababa dadadadadadada". Sammy usually just laughs at Caleb, but he does mimic him sometimes....Sammy is lucky to have such a great brother/teacher!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home