Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 11, 2007

A Nice Weekend at Home


Caleb & Jack
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
We had a really nice weekend. The fun began on Saturday morning, when one of my good friend’s from high school, Dana, and her two kids came over for a visit. She lives in Wisconsin, but her in-laws live close to us. Jack & Caleb are the same age (about one month apart) and are pretty good buddies - - they get along well. They were here for about 3 hours and there were no arguments over toys, no crying, no fighting…just lots of laughing, chasing each other, playing trains, splashing in the pool and climbing on the playset outside. It made for a very enjoyable morning for Dana and I, and we were able to catch up and hold each others babies. Dana has a little girl named Julia, who was born alittle over a month after Sam. Unfortunately, the battery in my camera died after I took pics of the older boys playing and didn’t get one of Julia and Sammy together….we’ll see them next month in Wisconsin so I’ll be sure to take their pictures first!

Saturday night, we all went to Red Robin, which Caleb was very excited about – he LOVES eating out (I am not taking this personally). As usual, he was very well behaved at the restaurant and he proudly gave the waitress his order (he likes doing this now). Although awake the whole time, Sammy was an angel too …he just played with his toys, looked around at all the decorations and lights and smiled at us all. We went for a walk after dinner and Caleb pushed Sammy in the stroller…and Justin pushed the tricycle.

Sunday, Caleb played outside with the neighbor boys for alittle while in the morning, then we all headed to the Farmer’s Market in Oswego (small town that we live next to). I found a double stroller at a garage sale on Friday so this was my first outing with the big stroller…it’s heavy. From the Farmer’s Market, we walked to a nice park and spent about an hour there, and then headed to an old diner for lunch. Caleb’s ego was stroked at the diner, when 3 separate people told him how handsome he is. An older lady told him he had very pretty and flirtatious eyes, so he kept looking over at her and smiling. I told him later that she was alittle old for him (I’m guessing she was about 75).

Sunday afternoon was spent working in the yard – Justin built another retaining wall in the backyard and replanted a few plants/flowers. When Caleb woke up from his nap, he played in the backyard and then helped me water the garden and the flowers.

Caleb had his last music class today - I'll have to sign him up for Fall Classes soon. Each time we go he gets more and more into it - I'm so proud of him for doing so well in the class. It's SO fun to see....I'm actually kinda sad that it's over! Miss Joan gave him a big hug and kiss today - I think she'll miss him too.

Caleb has kept me entertained today - - he has really been saying the funniest things lately. Here are some of his comments just from today that I thought were funny:

We went to the mall after dinner and after I turned the car off I hear "nice parking spot, mama". It was a really good spot, but how does he know it was good...and why does he know to say that?

Sammy was starting to fuss as I was cleaning off a sippy cup of Caleb's. Caleb looked down at Sammy and said "hang on, babe, mama just washing off the blue cup." I thought it was hilarious that he called Sammy "babe" (which is what he hears me calling him...and he probably hears me tell him to "hang on" alot too!).

As he is playing trains today he said "spencer is expensive". After making sure that is really what he said, I told him they ALL were expensive!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home