Busy Spring Days
Wow it’s been awhile. Things have been alittle crazy around here.
Justin has, what his doctor described as, “one of the largest herniated discs he’s ever seen.” So it’s big and painful, but it’s certainly not stopping Justin…he just built a retaining wall around our flower garden in the front of the house! I’m not sure if he’ll be able to walk tomorrow, but the house sure looks great. Ha!
In addition to the bad back, Justin’s work and school schedules have been crazy…a few late nights last week made life at home alittle busier too so I didn’t have much energy to blog…I just wanted to sleep – we both did! And after a busy week for us both, we still didn’t settle down this weekend…we’ve been outside working in the yard all weekend.
Caleb, Sammy and I have been up to the usual…playgroups, music class (which Justin went to today) going to the parks, running around outside and playing trains inside.
Caleb and Sammy are really starting to have fun together. Caleb has discovered that he likes making Sammy laugh and I honestly think that Caleb can make him laugh the hardest. Sammy just lights up when he sees Caleb and anything remotely funny that Caleb does, Sammy thinks is hysterical. It’s very cute. Caleb shares his toys with Sam, he plays peek-a-boo with him and he still helps him with his tummy time. He also asks for him when he’s not around. Usually Sam comes with me to get him up from his nap, but the other day, Sam was downstairs playing and I went up on my own to get him out of his crib. Caleb quickly asked me where Sammy was and then asked me to get him. I thought it was cute.
Sammy isn’t doing anything terribly exciting yet. He is still getting up in the night, but only once. His new discovery.... He loves his feet. And he loves them even more when they are in his mouth (see more pics). He is a perfectly contented baby...he smiles ALOT and he loves getting attention.
Caleb has been playing hard lately and is falling asleep much faster these days, thanks to the nice weather! I don't mind giving him a bath every night ...if getting dirty during the day helps to wear him out, I'm all for it. Twice last week he asked me to read books immediately following his bath (we usually go downstairs and play for at least 15 more minutes before we read).
Caleb has been saying some really funny things lately....Last week, when Justin had a work dinner, I decided to take Caleb & Sam to the park, and then to Culvers for dinner. On the way to Culvers, Caleb asked me to turn on the DVD player...this is how the conversation went:
Caleb: Mama, please turn on Thomas.
Me: It's broke bud, Dada has to fix it.
Caleb: just push the button mama
I push a few buttons...
Caleb: no, but the udder (other) button mama
I push more buttons
Caleb: no,push the green button mama (he's saying it like I'm in idiot)
Me: I'm trying, bud I just can't make it work.
Then we pull into Culvers
Caleb: should we go in, mama?
I laugh
Me: No bud, we'll just go through the drive thru.
Caleb: Yes
Me: Did you want to go in?
Caleb: No.
Me: What would you like to eat (and I start mentioning food he would like)
Caleb: I want a grilled cheese and a pop mama. (pop was not one of the things I mentioned).
I swear I had a 5 year old in the car with me...not a 2 year old. I especially liked being asked if we should go in. I felt like Justin was with me! HA! I get such a kick out of the things he says. And while Justin and I are amused by the funny things that come out of his mouth, I think his good verbal skills are what's keeping the "terrible twos" less frustrating for us all. His frustration now comes from not being able to do things "all by self", which is something I hear alot lately.
Click on this picture of Sammy to see more pics. I finally added the rest of the baptism wknd photos.
Justin has, what his doctor described as, “one of the largest herniated discs he’s ever seen.” So it’s big and painful, but it’s certainly not stopping Justin…he just built a retaining wall around our flower garden in the front of the house! I’m not sure if he’ll be able to walk tomorrow, but the house sure looks great. Ha!
In addition to the bad back, Justin’s work and school schedules have been crazy…a few late nights last week made life at home alittle busier too so I didn’t have much energy to blog…I just wanted to sleep – we both did! And after a busy week for us both, we still didn’t settle down this weekend…we’ve been outside working in the yard all weekend.
Caleb, Sammy and I have been up to the usual…playgroups, music class (which Justin went to today) going to the parks, running around outside and playing trains inside.
Caleb and Sammy are really starting to have fun together. Caleb has discovered that he likes making Sammy laugh and I honestly think that Caleb can make him laugh the hardest. Sammy just lights up when he sees Caleb and anything remotely funny that Caleb does, Sammy thinks is hysterical. It’s very cute. Caleb shares his toys with Sam, he plays peek-a-boo with him and he still helps him with his tummy time. He also asks for him when he’s not around. Usually Sam comes with me to get him up from his nap, but the other day, Sam was downstairs playing and I went up on my own to get him out of his crib. Caleb quickly asked me where Sammy was and then asked me to get him. I thought it was cute.
Sammy isn’t doing anything terribly exciting yet. He is still getting up in the night, but only once. His new discovery.... He loves his feet. And he loves them even more when they are in his mouth (see more pics). He is a perfectly contented baby...he smiles ALOT and he loves getting attention.
Caleb has been playing hard lately and is falling asleep much faster these days, thanks to the nice weather! I don't mind giving him a bath every night ...if getting dirty during the day helps to wear him out, I'm all for it. Twice last week he asked me to read books immediately following his bath (we usually go downstairs and play for at least 15 more minutes before we read).
Caleb has been saying some really funny things lately....Last week, when Justin had a work dinner, I decided to take Caleb & Sam to the park, and then to Culvers for dinner. On the way to Culvers, Caleb asked me to turn on the DVD player...this is how the conversation went:
Caleb: Mama, please turn on Thomas.
Me: It's broke bud, Dada has to fix it.
Caleb: just push the button mama
I push a few buttons...
Caleb: no, but the udder (other) button mama
I push more buttons
Caleb: no,push the green button mama (he's saying it like I'm in idiot)
Me: I'm trying, bud I just can't make it work.
Then we pull into Culvers
Caleb: should we go in, mama?
I laugh
Me: No bud, we'll just go through the drive thru.
Caleb: Yes
Me: Did you want to go in?
Caleb: No.
Me: What would you like to eat (and I start mentioning food he would like)
Caleb: I want a grilled cheese and a pop mama. (pop was not one of the things I mentioned).
I swear I had a 5 year old in the car with me...not a 2 year old. I especially liked being asked if we should go in. I felt like Justin was with me! HA! I get such a kick out of the things he says. And while Justin and I are amused by the funny things that come out of his mouth, I think his good verbal skills are what's keeping the "terrible twos" less frustrating for us all. His frustration now comes from not being able to do things "all by self", which is something I hear alot lately.
Click on this picture of Sammy to see more pics. I finally added the rest of the baptism wknd photos.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home