Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Caleb & Sam Hang Out

Wow - I haven't blogged in awhile. I guess we've been busy. We've had a good past few weeks....just doing the usual - music class, playgroups and getting outside, playing with neighbors.

This past weekend, Justin painted our front two rooms and we bought new furniture for one of the rooms - it made a dramatic difference - we both love it. Caleb REALLY wanted to help dada paint and he thought he was a huge help. He still comments on him helping and how nice the room looks, which I think is funny. Even this morning, he came down for his breakfast and made a stop in the front room and said "dis room wooks really nice mama" "yes, dada did a good job, didn't he?" "yes"

Caleb is getting very excited for his birthday. I have asked him a few times which trains he would like (assuming he wants new Thomas trains) and he points them out to me in his little Thomas brochures. The last few times he has said "Caleb wants ALL of them on his tracks" "I'm sure you do"

Caleb is getting extremely creative and I'm amazed at some of the things he comes up with...for example... The other day, he asked for Thomas stickers. I got them out and there are only a few different Thomas trains in the sticker pack. He asks me for a sticker of Diesel 10. I tell him there aren't any stickers of Diesel 10 and he settles for a sticker of Henry and Edward. So later that day, he comes up to me with the Thomas brochure in his hand and says "mama, cut with scissors Diesel 10." "You really want me to cut this, buddy?" "yes" "are you sure?" "Yes" So I get out the scissors and show him that I'm really going to cut into this paper that he looks at ALL THE TIME. I ask him again if that's what he wants and he nods his head and says YES. So I cut Diesel out of the brochure and hand it to him. THen he says "tape, mama" so I get out tape...he gets excited and asks me to put the tape on Diesel 10, which I do and I hand it to him. Then he runs to the train table and sticks it with the rest of his stickers and he is completely satisfied....He figured out a way to make his own stickers. I was so impressed.

He continues to be great with Sammy. I was making lunch for Caleb the other day and Sammy was getting upset. I was going to let him fuss for a few minutes until I got Caleb in the highchair, but I realized that he stopped crying. I walked over to where I could see him and Caleb was squatting down next to him and giving him the pacifier...and not only was he giving him the pacifier, but he was tapping it with his fingers like I always do to settle him down. He really calmed Sammy down for me! He also likes to pat Sam's little head when he cries and say "it's okay Sammy". I think it's really cute. He is so good to his baby brother.

Sammy isn't doing anything new really. After I bragged about him getting up only once or twice a night, he had a few nights in a row that were just miserable....4 or 5 times a night, and I happened to be sick at the time, so it was even more miserable for me. I was guessing that he didn't feel good either and was the reason for the fussiness. He's back to "normal"...once or twice a night. I just wish he could repeat the night at my parents house when he slept through the night. Maybe we need to go back to grandma's for that. I have started to call Sammy my LoveBug....he is such alittle snuggler. There are times when he fusses that all you have to do to calm him down is hold his hand...so sweet.

It's supposed to warm up here tomorrow and through the weekend...perfect weather (73 degrees) on Saturday - looks like we will be able to spend some of Caleb's Birthday at the park!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home