Sammy Meets Aunt Jen, Uncle Chris & Alex
Caleb had a very busy and fun weekend, despite the fact that he had been walking around with an untreated ear infection (…while getting his 2 year molars). Poor guy…no wonder he was alittle out of sorts and had no appetite (the lack of appetite is REALLY not like him).
Friday afternoon we headed to Indiana to see Justin’s family – it was grandma’s birthday last Wednesday and Sammy wanted to meet Uncle Chris, Aunt Jen and his cousin Alex. The boys did great in the car, especially considering that it took us over 5 hours to get there. Saturday, we met Chris, Jen & Alex at the Children’s Museum in Indianapolis – what a GREAT museum that is. Chris & Jen are members and I suspect Alex will never get sick of going there…so much to do and see. Caleb LOVED it. The hardest part was getting him from one place to the next w/o throwing a bit of a tantrum. He just couldn’t believe that another room in the museum could possibly be as fun as the next. He saw trains, dinosaurs, Clifford (a big hit)…he played in water and sand, he colored, climbed, went down slides, and just watched other kids and took it all in. Grandma spoiled the boys in the giftshop on the way out and let them each pick out two Thomas Trains. It is so funny to see those little guys deciding on toys that they’d like. Caleb & Alex both decided on Oliver…I guess he’s the cool one to have these days. We all went back to Ken & Sherri’s afterwards and let the boys run around outside before setting up the train tracks inside (neither decided to nap, making train-time more difficult) and then had dinner. Chris and Jen brought Caleb his Birthday presents and I think just about everyone had fun with Caleb’s new basketball hoop. He played with it right away when we got back to Chicago and asked Justin this morning “hey dada, wanna play bashketball?” Chris & Jen also bought Caleb a new summer outfit which came in very handy on Sunday… I didn’t realize it was going to be 80 degrees there and I didn’t have the right clothes packed. With his new clothes on, he spent time outside on Sunday – it was beautiful. Granddad bought the boys a swingset and he & Justin took turns pushing Caleb on the swing Sunday morning…I think he was on that thing for a half hour. We all sat on the porch and chatted and just enjoyed the weather…I could tell then that something was wrong with Caleb b/c he just sat there silently – either on Justin’s or Granddad’s lap. We made it back in record time – there was no traffic and neither of the boys needed to stop. We all took a nice walk Sunday night after dinner and I think both of the boys looked forward to a nice bath. Caleb’s fever was over 100 last night, so I knew I needed to take him to the doctor.
Caleb was funny today. On the way into the doctor’s office, he told everyone he saw about the Easter bunny (“ummm Eater Bunny brwing eggs”). And after the appointment, everyone in the waiting room and in the parking lot new that “Caleb very brave ..uuummm bug ticker” and then he’d show them his new bug stickers the doctor gave him. He dragged his “Millie Doggie” with him…chatting the whole way to anyone who would listen (or not …). It was beautiful outside today, so after the doctor’s appointment, Sammy took a nap in the stoller while Caleb & I decorated our driveway with sidewalk chalk. We also took a short walk and played with a new bubble toy that one of my friends sent him. We were all back outside after naptime and dinnertime. Justin got on the 4:30 train and was home early - we all enjoyed a nice long walk. Sammy really liked being outside too…click on the photo to see a few of him I took today (as well as others from the wknd). I think he looks like Caleb in these….the first time I have thought they look alike.
Friday afternoon we headed to Indiana to see Justin’s family – it was grandma’s birthday last Wednesday and Sammy wanted to meet Uncle Chris, Aunt Jen and his cousin Alex. The boys did great in the car, especially considering that it took us over 5 hours to get there. Saturday, we met Chris, Jen & Alex at the Children’s Museum in Indianapolis – what a GREAT museum that is. Chris & Jen are members and I suspect Alex will never get sick of going there…so much to do and see. Caleb LOVED it. The hardest part was getting him from one place to the next w/o throwing a bit of a tantrum. He just couldn’t believe that another room in the museum could possibly be as fun as the next. He saw trains, dinosaurs, Clifford (a big hit)…he played in water and sand, he colored, climbed, went down slides, and just watched other kids and took it all in. Grandma spoiled the boys in the giftshop on the way out and let them each pick out two Thomas Trains. It is so funny to see those little guys deciding on toys that they’d like. Caleb & Alex both decided on Oliver…I guess he’s the cool one to have these days. We all went back to Ken & Sherri’s afterwards and let the boys run around outside before setting up the train tracks inside (neither decided to nap, making train-time more difficult) and then had dinner. Chris and Jen brought Caleb his Birthday presents and I think just about everyone had fun with Caleb’s new basketball hoop. He played with it right away when we got back to Chicago and asked Justin this morning “hey dada, wanna play bashketball?” Chris & Jen also bought Caleb a new summer outfit which came in very handy on Sunday… I didn’t realize it was going to be 80 degrees there and I didn’t have the right clothes packed. With his new clothes on, he spent time outside on Sunday – it was beautiful. Granddad bought the boys a swingset and he & Justin took turns pushing Caleb on the swing Sunday morning…I think he was on that thing for a half hour. We all sat on the porch and chatted and just enjoyed the weather…I could tell then that something was wrong with Caleb b/c he just sat there silently – either on Justin’s or Granddad’s lap. We made it back in record time – there was no traffic and neither of the boys needed to stop. We all took a nice walk Sunday night after dinner and I think both of the boys looked forward to a nice bath. Caleb’s fever was over 100 last night, so I knew I needed to take him to the doctor.
Caleb was funny today. On the way into the doctor’s office, he told everyone he saw about the Easter bunny (“ummm Eater Bunny brwing eggs”). And after the appointment, everyone in the waiting room and in the parking lot new that “Caleb very brave ..uuummm bug ticker” and then he’d show them his new bug stickers the doctor gave him. He dragged his “Millie Doggie” with him…chatting the whole way to anyone who would listen (or not …). It was beautiful outside today, so after the doctor’s appointment, Sammy took a nap in the stoller while Caleb & I decorated our driveway with sidewalk chalk. We also took a short walk and played with a new bubble toy that one of my friends sent him. We were all back outside after naptime and dinnertime. Justin got on the 4:30 train and was home early - we all enjoyed a nice long walk. Sammy really liked being outside too…click on the photo to see a few of him I took today (as well as others from the wknd). I think he looks like Caleb in these….the first time I have thought they look alike.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home