Caleb & Sammy Chat
Caleb & Sammy had a chat last week before Sammy's doctor's appointment. Caleb was telling him that shots don't hurt and that he'll be there to keep an eye on the evil nurse that gives the shots. Sammy thought it was a good conversation...click on the picture to see another one of Sammy smiling at Caleb. :)
So yes, Sammy had his 2 month check up last week and is proud to weigh in at the 75% (ha) and is average on height. I was alittle concerned about him being over 50% for weight and the doctor said that was normal for breastfed babies and I should feel good about that...he is perfectly healthy. I told him that I breastfed Caleb, and he was always really low on weight and well above average for height and the doctor just said that he wasn't normal. haha. I guess cousin Alex isn't normal either then. ;)
I think my sweet Sammy is going to be a tough one. He had 4 shots and stopped crying the minute the nurse told me I could pick him up. I remember holding Caleb for awhile trying to get him to calm down after his first shots....and I would've broken down too had my mom not been there with me! It's heartbreaking....but not with Sam! They didn't seem to bother him a bit (although he really wanted to cuddle alot this weekend).
Caleb looked after Sammy during the appointment. He became really quiet (which is unusual) when Sammy received the shots. I told him Sammy was going to be okay and he just sat there silently and watched. He played peek-a-boo with Sammy right after (and I didn't even tell him to ....I really think he felt bad for him and wanted to make him smile). The doctor gave Caleb a Percy tattoo for being such a good boy during the appointment. He also said how well Caleb talks for his age and commented that he talks alot (ha!). He also told me that Sammy "talks" alot too - in fact, he asked that I put a pacifier in his mouth while he tried to listen to his heart b/c he was making too much noise!! I have a feeling I will not get a word in around my house....so if my blogs start getting longer, you will know why. :)
So yes, Sammy had his 2 month check up last week and is proud to weigh in at the 75% (ha) and is average on height. I was alittle concerned about him being over 50% for weight and the doctor said that was normal for breastfed babies and I should feel good about that...he is perfectly healthy. I told him that I breastfed Caleb, and he was always really low on weight and well above average for height and the doctor just said that he wasn't normal. haha. I guess cousin Alex isn't normal either then. ;)
I think my sweet Sammy is going to be a tough one. He had 4 shots and stopped crying the minute the nurse told me I could pick him up. I remember holding Caleb for awhile trying to get him to calm down after his first shots....and I would've broken down too had my mom not been there with me! It's heartbreaking....but not with Sam! They didn't seem to bother him a bit (although he really wanted to cuddle alot this weekend).
Caleb looked after Sammy during the appointment. He became really quiet (which is unusual) when Sammy received the shots. I told him Sammy was going to be okay and he just sat there silently and watched. He played peek-a-boo with Sammy right after (and I didn't even tell him to ....I really think he felt bad for him and wanted to make him smile). The doctor gave Caleb a Percy tattoo for being such a good boy during the appointment. He also said how well Caleb talks for his age and commented that he talks alot (ha!). He also told me that Sammy "talks" alot too - in fact, he asked that I put a pacifier in his mouth while he tried to listen to his heart b/c he was making too much noise!! I have a feeling I will not get a word in around my house....so if my blogs start getting longer, you will know why. :)


1 Comments:
I'm glad that Sammy is the normal one of the bunch! At least there is one. Alex never cries after getting shots either. He's done as soon as I pick him up to put his clothes on. It's rather enjoyable. He's hardcore too - no tylenol. But that is really more b/c his mommy forgets it each time. Hah!
Caleb is the luckiest kid in the world. Sammy get shots and Caleb gets a tattoo!
Post a Comment
<< Home