Caleb has friends over for the SuperBowl
Despite the Bears loss last night (which probably did not surprise anyone) we have had a pretty good weekend. Last night, we had our friends - Becca & Sasha over to watch the SuperBowl. They brought 2 of their 3 children (they have triplets) and Caleb had a GREAT time w/ them. There was not one tear shed or any yelling/fighting the *entire time*....their kids are really well behaved and polite. As you can see in the picture, there was alot of laughing and entertaining going on. I had more fun watching them than I did the game.
So the game was a bit dissappointing, but if the Bears had to lose, I'd rather it be to the Colts than just about any other team (well, I'd actually *prefer* the Bears to lose when they play the Packers...). And speaking of the Packers...what is more important than the winner of the Superbowl is the announcement that Brett Favre is returning for another season!!! :)
So I have some great news from last night...Sammy slept 6 hours straight!!! Good boy, Sammy! Now you want to hear the sad news? Caleb woke up vomiting at 1:30. I just can't get a break. It's okay, you can laugh...Justin and I were actually laughing about it this morning. Caleb is feeling much better and only got sick that one time...the rest of the night (from 2am - 5am) he and I spent on the floor in the bedroom watching PBS Sprout. Justin took over at 5am and I got maybe another hour or two of sleep.
I posted some pictures I took of Caleb playing on Saturday. He and I were getting VERY bored being couped up in this house (especially w/o Dada around). I decided to take my mom's advice (and recipe) and made some playdough to play w/ when he woke up from his nap. Well, it was a HUGE hit. He played w/ it for 2 hours on Saturday and another hour on Sunday. He just loved it and only tried to eat it once...and I couldn't really blame him, it *was* on his highchair. Anyway - he really enjoyed playing w/ it, and as usual, was really concentrating and thinking about what he was doing as he was playing with it. Thanks for the good idea, mom. :)
Sammy is smiling alot more now. He usually smiles when I need it most (like last night when I was feeling miserable and extremely tired). He is also starting to "talk"...this was confirmed last night by Becca, who is a Speech Therapist and works mostly w/ children under 3. She also told us that Caleb has a great vocabulary and talks extremely well for his age. She also commented that he talks alot, but I didn't need a Speech Therapist to tell me that. :)
So the game was a bit dissappointing, but if the Bears had to lose, I'd rather it be to the Colts than just about any other team (well, I'd actually *prefer* the Bears to lose when they play the Packers...). And speaking of the Packers...what is more important than the winner of the Superbowl is the announcement that Brett Favre is returning for another season!!! :)
So I have some great news from last night...Sammy slept 6 hours straight!!! Good boy, Sammy! Now you want to hear the sad news? Caleb woke up vomiting at 1:30. I just can't get a break. It's okay, you can laugh...Justin and I were actually laughing about it this morning. Caleb is feeling much better and only got sick that one time...the rest of the night (from 2am - 5am) he and I spent on the floor in the bedroom watching PBS Sprout. Justin took over at 5am and I got maybe another hour or two of sleep.
I posted some pictures I took of Caleb playing on Saturday. He and I were getting VERY bored being couped up in this house (especially w/o Dada around). I decided to take my mom's advice (and recipe) and made some playdough to play w/ when he woke up from his nap. Well, it was a HUGE hit. He played w/ it for 2 hours on Saturday and another hour on Sunday. He just loved it and only tried to eat it once...and I couldn't really blame him, it *was* on his highchair. Anyway - he really enjoyed playing w/ it, and as usual, was really concentrating and thinking about what he was doing as he was playing with it. Thanks for the good idea, mom. :)
Sammy is smiling alot more now. He usually smiles when I need it most (like last night when I was feeling miserable and extremely tired). He is also starting to "talk"...this was confirmed last night by Becca, who is a Speech Therapist and works mostly w/ children under 3. She also told us that Caleb has a great vocabulary and talks extremely well for his age. She also commented that he talks alot, but I didn't need a Speech Therapist to tell me that. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home