Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 29, 2007

Sammy Smiles


Sammy Smiles
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb.
Sammy has officially smiled! I could tell a few wks ago that he was showing more emotion on his face and was really close to smiling, but he has officially smiled over the weekend! The picture I took is not his best smile, but I had a hard time getting a clear picture b/c he moves around so much! Sammy has the same cute dimples on his face that Caleb has...I love them. Other than smiling, eating, and making dirty diapers, Sammy has also been enjoying his toys on the Activity Gym, watching his big brother, sitting in his bouncy seat watching fish, AND his tummy time (Caleb hated tummy time). He still manages to keep me up all night (some nights) but sleeping has definitely improved.

Caleb has been up to alot recently too - and, as usual has been very well behaved. Last week he started his gym class, which he loves. He did a great job climbing on mats, jumping in a pit of foam blocks, dancing, playing w/ balls and jumping on a trampoline. He also played nicely at playgroup last wk Tuesday & Thursday. On Friday, he played so well on his own while I prepared to host a Baby Shower for one of my best friends who lives in Minneapolis. She is pregnant w/ twins and this was her first shower. He entertained himself and kept his eye on Sammy for me. ;) He continues to be a very gentle and loving Big Brother. The other day I was sitting at the table w/ Caleb while he ate and Sammy was in his bouncy seat next to us. Sam kept spitting out his pacifier and then crying so I just stopped giving it to him. At one point Caleb looked down at him crying and then said "Mama, Sammy pacifier pleeeeeeeeeeease" I gave Sammy the pacifier and Caleb said "thank you". I kind of felt like he was the parent and I was the child, but regardless, he was looking out for Sammy and I thought it was cute. He oftentimes says "hi sammy" as he walks next to him and he likes to give him toys. This morning, we all went to the basement to play and as I was gathering up a few things to take downstairs, I found Caleb pulling on Sammy's PJs and saying "alright sammy, downstairs"....I think he was trying to pick him up to take downstairs. Then I noticed when I picked Sammy up, I said "alright Sammy, let's go"....I guess someone really pays attention to what I say. :)

Caleb & Sammy got alot of attention from my girlfriends this wknd. My friends Libby & Dawn stayed w/ us all wknd, and then we had 6 others over for the shower. Justin watched both of the boys in the basement during the shower, but afterwards they were able to play upstairs and flirt w/ all the girls. Caleb was a show-off and impressed everyone w/ how well he can talk (in full sentences already), knowing all of his colors (which he has known for a few months now), his imagination as he plays w/ his trains (he really has stories in mind and is non-stop talking while he plays w/ them) and his dance moves...which I think he gets from Justin. ;) He had them all laughing....and "awing" as he gave them hugs and kisses goodbye. He *is* still an angel....even w/ his Terrible Two "NOs".

He has been asking for my friend Dawnie *all morning*...I think it's a new crush. Aunt Amy better come visit again soon or he will start dreaming of Dawnie instead (though he did ask for Amy last night and again this morning....).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least this is picture of Sammy is better than his "grumpy old man" face in the other picture! :-)

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home