The Best Christmas Gift
It's been awhile since I have blogged and some of you have not yet "met" Samuel, so I have added MANY pictures to our photo page (click on this picture of Sammy to view).
I realized when I added photos of Sammy that everyone who came to visit has a picture with Sammy EXCEPT my dad!! I have a feeling this is because his buddy Caleb kept him away from the new baby and wanted "gampa" all to himself. Poor grandpa....he was really with Caleb the ENTIRE time he was here. I don't think he got much of a break from Caleb - and he goes non-stop....it can be tiring.
Anyway - my first Christmas wish came true when I was told that I would be induced on December 21st. I was soooo happy that I could plan for the delivery and make sure that Caleb was in good hands with my parents. I don't think Caleb even knew I was gone.... he was entertained every day (especially by his pal, grandpa). Granddad and Grandma Webb were here one night too, and Caleb had alot of fun seeing them.
My second Christmas wish came true at 3:33...when Samuel was born. What a miracle.
Sammy and I left the hospital on December 23rd and we were able to celebrate Christmas at home, which was my 3rd (and last) Christmas wish. Amy came home from the hospital with us and spent the night. Caleb was a big show off for her (and since her visit, he tells me that he dreams about her...I think it's his first crush). Thank God my parents were here to help us and celebrate Christmas with us...otherwise, Justin and I would've had mac-n-cheese for Christmas dinner. They cooked yummy meals, cleaned, bought groceries, took care of Caleb (okay, and me) and made it feel more like Christmas to all of us. I literally cried when they left on Christmas night .... I didn't want Caleb to be sad and I knew the next few days were going to be hard on me, Justin and Caleb.
And the next few days were alittle rough (Sammy doesn't sleep much during the night.... the longest stretch of sleep I have had so far has been 3 hours..and I think that happened once or twice. It's usually in btwn 45 minutes and 2 hours). Lack of sleep and food on the table had us crawling back to my parents this past wknd. We needed the help and were grateful for the yummy food, the help with Caleb & Sammy and for more restful nights of sleep (and good naps). We were also happy to have Brayden & Calian meet Sammy (unfortunately I don't have a picture of them together....Caleb didn't feel like sharing them w/ Sammy either - he REALLY liked playing with them). Casey spent some good time w/ Sammy & Caleb too...there is a *great* picture of the three of them - I just love it. I was also happy to be able to be at home for Amy's Birthday (she's a New Years Baby) which was nice...I haven't been home to celebrate with her in a very long time.
We are still trying to get back to "normal" and I think it will take some time. Caleb is being a GREAT older brother and is very proud of himself for "helping" as much as he does. When Sammy cries, he gives him a train, pats him on the head or just watches him. He tells Sammy that he loves him and he has been very gentle with him *so far*. :) Let's hope this all lasts.
Justin goes back to work next week so the true test is about to take place. Fortunately, we are having meals delivered to our house by other moms in my Mothers Group and the boys and I have plans Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm hoping this will make the week go by quickly. I'll keep you all posted!
I realized when I added photos of Sammy that everyone who came to visit has a picture with Sammy EXCEPT my dad!! I have a feeling this is because his buddy Caleb kept him away from the new baby and wanted "gampa" all to himself. Poor grandpa....he was really with Caleb the ENTIRE time he was here. I don't think he got much of a break from Caleb - and he goes non-stop....it can be tiring.
Anyway - my first Christmas wish came true when I was told that I would be induced on December 21st. I was soooo happy that I could plan for the delivery and make sure that Caleb was in good hands with my parents. I don't think Caleb even knew I was gone.... he was entertained every day (especially by his pal, grandpa). Granddad and Grandma Webb were here one night too, and Caleb had alot of fun seeing them.
My second Christmas wish came true at 3:33...when Samuel was born. What a miracle.
Sammy and I left the hospital on December 23rd and we were able to celebrate Christmas at home, which was my 3rd (and last) Christmas wish. Amy came home from the hospital with us and spent the night. Caleb was a big show off for her (and since her visit, he tells me that he dreams about her...I think it's his first crush). Thank God my parents were here to help us and celebrate Christmas with us...otherwise, Justin and I would've had mac-n-cheese for Christmas dinner. They cooked yummy meals, cleaned, bought groceries, took care of Caleb (okay, and me) and made it feel more like Christmas to all of us. I literally cried when they left on Christmas night .... I didn't want Caleb to be sad and I knew the next few days were going to be hard on me, Justin and Caleb.
And the next few days were alittle rough (Sammy doesn't sleep much during the night.... the longest stretch of sleep I have had so far has been 3 hours..and I think that happened once or twice. It's usually in btwn 45 minutes and 2 hours). Lack of sleep and food on the table had us crawling back to my parents this past wknd. We needed the help and were grateful for the yummy food, the help with Caleb & Sammy and for more restful nights of sleep (and good naps). We were also happy to have Brayden & Calian meet Sammy (unfortunately I don't have a picture of them together....Caleb didn't feel like sharing them w/ Sammy either - he REALLY liked playing with them). Casey spent some good time w/ Sammy & Caleb too...there is a *great* picture of the three of them - I just love it. I was also happy to be able to be at home for Amy's Birthday (she's a New Years Baby) which was nice...I haven't been home to celebrate with her in a very long time.
We are still trying to get back to "normal" and I think it will take some time. Caleb is being a GREAT older brother and is very proud of himself for "helping" as much as he does. When Sammy cries, he gives him a train, pats him on the head or just watches him. He tells Sammy that he loves him and he has been very gentle with him *so far*. :) Let's hope this all lasts.
Justin goes back to work next week so the true test is about to take place. Fortunately, we are having meals delivered to our house by other moms in my Mothers Group and the boys and I have plans Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm hoping this will make the week go by quickly. I'll keep you all posted!


2 Comments:
Congratulations on the expansion of your family. You have another beautiful boy! Just don't mess this one up by making him wear a Packers or Bears jersey. ;o)
Sounds like a busy holiday season! Sammy is the cutest and we look forward to seeing him.
Post a Comment
<< Home