Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Caleb's Fun Week


Caleb & Grandma
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb.
Caleb thought it was great having Justin home on a Monday, and although he wanted him to stay home again on Tuesday, he needed to go back to work. He was bummed dada couldn't play again, but he had someone else come to play with him ....Grandma! Grandma Webb will be happy to know that he now says "gama"!! He was very happy to see grandma...in fact, I no longer seemed to exist (which was a first). He grabbed grandma's hand and brought her into whichever room he was playing in. At one point, he grabbed my hand and led me OUT of the room b/c apparently, he wanted grandma all to himself. Grandma brought him a new ball that looks like a pumpkin - he thought that was pretty cool. Aunt Amy also sent him a new Thomas Train (Toby) which he seems to be obsessed with (slept w/ him two nights in a row). She also sent some goldfish for Caleb and some candy for Baby in Belly, which I have already devoured and been "kicked" for (I'm sure, in thanks).

Wednesday morning, we all headed to music class. Caleb did a great job participating. He marched (lead some of the march, actually), danced, played drums, sang and had a very good time. He also wanted to sit in grandma's lap, not mine, during some of the class. We went out for lunch after class and Caleb colored alittle before inhaling a grilled cheese and a few fries.

Thursday, Caleb had a Halloween Party to attend (see more pics). We bought him a Tiger costume, but after 2 minutes with the costume on, he kept saying "off"....so he wore his Superman PJs instead. I did get a picture of him in Tiger, but he wasn't very happy as you can tell. He had fun at the party. He decorated his pumpkin and ran around chasing balloons. If he didn't have a balloon in his hand, he usually had is arms stretched out behind him so he could fly. It was pretty cute.

Friday, we played at home while grandma worked on window treatments for our kitchen. Grandma left that afternoon...and fortunately, his other playmate (dada) was home soon after his nap to play with him.

He has been doing a few funny new things. He likes to count (or hear other people count). He can count to three on his own and he counts just about everything. Tonight, he picked up two teddy bears and said "one, two". He also likes learning about letters and can tell you what sounds some of the letters make. I was shocked tonight when I realized how much he really knew. He is really picking up on alot of new words - He pointed to the moon tonight and said "moon". I guess all the reading we do helps! He says "help please" when he needs help and is really doing well at putting a few words together (I think Justin was proud of him tonight when he said "bye bye depot" as we left Home Depot). He talks ALOT...most if it is just babble, but he is really trying hard to say things and to tell stories.

You can tell from the pictures that he desperately needs a haircut. Both grandma and Justin tried, but Caleb was not having any of it. Justin and I both thought we should try while he's napping - maybe we'll try tomorrow...otherwise I have to take him somewhere, but I'm really not up for him screaming the entire time. Taking him to get his flu shot this week is about all I can handle.... and another shot means another toy, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home