Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 20, 2006

Caleb is 18 Months Today!

Caleb is officially 1 1/2 today. Crazy! He had his doctor's appointment this morning and he has passed all the milestones. I had to laugh at one of them. They asked if he mimics Justin/me doing household chores. He was just "cleaning" the hardwood floors before we went to the doctor. He also dusted my kitchen chairs and cleaned off all of his trains 2 days ago. :) And we all know he likes to mow like his dad. I also had to laugh when they wanted to see him walk to me....but he didn't walk...he ran. The doctor also told me not to worry about him crying at playgroup when someone takes his toy or pushes him. She said that instead of acting out aggressively, he shows his frustration by crying, which is actually a better way of dealing with it than grabbing the toy back, or hitting/pushing. She said if this was my only concern, we had it very easy and then told Caleb he was a really good boy. :)

Caleb has finally gained some weight with that healthy appetite. He is now in the 35% for weight, which they said was much better for him since he is taller. He is around 70% for height. He did get 2 shots, which made him mad (and cry)...fortunately, we brought Thomas and Percy, who made him feel much better right away (and I also promised him he could pick out a new toy at the store afterwards). So we went to the store afterwards and he found a puzzle w/ bulldozers/diggers/etc on it that he really liked (it's the one in this picture). He did the puzzle all on his own and even cheered for himself (yelled "yeah" and then clapped) when he completed it. Then he said "again" and dumped out the pieces, turned them all right side up and did it again (including the cheering for himself). Then he was back to the train table....

There is a new mom in the Mothers Group I belong to who just had a baby. Caleb and I are running a meal over to the family as soon as he gets up from his nap. Then he'll play with his new puzzle and his trains while I try to think of something yummy for him to eat to celebrate his 18 months (and because I still feel bad he had two shots today). I still think those shots hurt me more....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caleb is a very useful engine!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home