Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Caleb Loves His Uncle Casey

Caleb has been playing hard on his train table the past few days. He is enjoying all the new tunnels and bridges/etc grandma & grandpa bought him for Christmas and his new "Jack Frost Percy" from Casey. He tells me every day that Casey gave him Jack Frost Percy. :) He had his friends over to play this morning and he had fun showing them all of his new toys and the newest/coolest additions to his train table. They were all impressed.

So Justin is back to work this week and things so far are going okay. Caleb has AMAZED me with how well he is handling the new baby. In fact, I think he is doing better than me or Justin! I'm doing the worst adjusting, I think. Yesterday, Caleb picked up a blanket (dirty one, but it's the thought that counts) and ran to Sammy, who was peacefully swinging in his chair, and put it on him. This morning, Sammy was sleeping when Caleb and I were eating breakfast and Caleb asked for Sammy. "Do you want Sammy to be here with us?" "Yes" "He's sleeping now, can he play with us later?" "Yes." "Do you love Sammy?" "Yes" . He also wanted me to open a toy bin for him this afternoon. I was feeding Sammy at the time and I said "just a minute please." He said "feed Sammy" and decided to play with his trains until I could open it for him. He has been GREAT and it has helped me out SO much. So far - no jealousy issues. One of my mom's friends sent Sammy a gift and also included a present for Caleb for being a big brother. He is so proud of the gift and whenever he plays with them (little animals) he says that he's a good big brother.

Caleb is changing and growing so much every day. I swear he learns 5 new words every day. I'm amazed with how much he knows and how quickly he can learn. When he was opening Christmas presents, he opened up the Thomas Drawbridge from my parents and he quickly yelled "WOW DRAWBRIDGE". My mom said "how does he know that's a drawbridge?" "I have no idea"....why he said "drawbridge" instead of just "bridge" is beyond me...I"m not teaching him these things!! He has a great imagination and it's fun to hear (and spy on him). When he plays with his trains, you can tell he has a story in mind that he is playing out. He will make his trains say "please" "thank you" "your welcome"...I'm glad he makes Thomas so polite. :) And while I'm talking about manners, I'm also pleased that he now says "bless you" when people sneeze. (for those of you that don't know - that's one of my *biggest* pet peeves...when people don't say "bless you"...so I'm very pleased that Caleb has picked that up!!).

So this week we are getting meals delivered from friends in my Mothers Group. It is incredibly helpful and so much appreciated. Poor Caleb has to go back to my cooking after eating my mom/dad's cooking and now these other moms! Yesterday he inhaled a whole piece of chicken (which he has never eaten before...only chic nuggets), and broccoli (w/o cheese!). I need to get recipes from these people.

So there are quite the differences btwn Sammy & Caleb....Caleb was a VERY good sleeper, Sammy....not so good. We had a night a few days back where he was up every 15 minutes...yes - 15 minutes. Justin took care of him that night or I would've gone insane. Thank you Justin. Sammy is the little cuddler, Caleb wasn't (though he is becoming one). If Sammy could have his way, he'd sleep in fetal position on someone's tummy all night....Caleb would be sprawled out, hands/arms above head in his crib. Sammy will be a thumb sucker (is trying hard to get it in his mouth) and not interested in the pacifer. Caleb LOVES the pacifier and never tried to find his thumb. Though I won't go into detail, there are differences in the frequency of bowel movements...no comment on who is going through 10 diapers (at least) a day. They even both prefer(ed) to nurse on different sides! ha!

Justin starts school this wknd (leaves on Sunday for a whole week!). Although he will be gone (and very much missed...Caleb is becoming more and more attached to "dada") we have help on the way. My mom and Kay are coming for part of the week...it will be a great distraction for Caleb while his dad is gone, a huge help for me and just SO nice to have them around (though I know my mom will force me to nap!). I haven't seen Kay since this summer and Caleb has changed so much since then - I'm excited for her to see him and meet Sammy. Caleb will love showing off for them. Aunt Jen has also volunteered to come help out...if Sammy doesnt' start sleeping better, I may have to take her away from her boys and take her up on her offer. Thanks Jen. :)

It's taken me forever to get this blog written....back to feeding my boys, dancing to the same CD I've danced to 3 times already today, playing trains, building tunnels for matchbox cars and making getting in baths for both boys (and maybe even a shower for myself?...I can hope)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Caleb (and Sammy) has gotten alot of nice presents! Very thoughtful!
Also glad that you are getting lots of help and meals. Kay sees Caleb so few times that I'm sure she'll just love taking him while you nap. Let me know if you need the Jen Express to come up and help!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! it posted before I could correct the name :-) I need caffeine..

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home