Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 02, 2007

Caleb To The Rescue


Caleb to the rescue
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb.
This morning, Sammy became upset when I was changing his clothes. Caleb quickly ran from the couch, where he was busy playing cars, to the floor next to Sammy. It was his way of being a good big brother and making sure his baby brother was okay. I thought it was pretty cute.

We have been stuck inside for the past few days and will stay inside for the rest of the wknd b/c of the incredibly cold weather. Caleb and I may go stir crazy before Monday comes, so I'm going to do my best to think of some new things to do to keep us occupied. My mom just e.mailed me a recipe for play dough and I think we will do that tomorrow.

We had playgroup here yesterday and everyone showed up, which made for a crazy (and very loud) morning! Caleb did a good job sharing his toys. We also discovered that Logan and Caleb are truly best friends. Logan is big kid (though not very tall) and he has just started pushing other boys around and hitting. He is finally getting back at the two other boys who have pushed/hit over the past few months. What's funny is that he is NOT pushing or hitting Caleb...in fact, he was hitting the other boys and then HUGGING Caleb. Caleb also became upset when I went upstairs and was gone for awhile and supposedly, Logan ran to him and hugged him to make him feel better...he didn't like to see Caleb cry. :) I'm waiting for the day Caleb hits/pushes...so far so good and he STILL has never taken a toy from anyone. He is FINALLY starting to stick up for himself though and says (okay, shouts) "NO" or runs away if someone tries to take something from him. I'm proud of him for handling it this way and for not grabbing stuff from other kids hands.

I know he is understanding the concept of sharing and taking turns. When I listen to him play trains, he says "Percy turn in tunnel. Okay, Thomas turn in tunnel." and he gives each of the trains a "turn" to do something. It's pretty cute.

Justin is in school until Saturday night and we have friends coming over on Sunday to watch the Superbowl. Having other kids running around the house on Sunday will be great...but not as great as having Dada back to play with! :)

GO BEARS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home