Caleb "Into" New Things
Caleb has made two big messes the past few days. The picture here is Caleb getting into the plant/tree (it's fake) in our dining room. My parents were still here to witness this mess, which he is quite proud of - as you can tell by the huge smile on his face. If you're wondering why Gampa isn't on the floor with him (which is where you usually find him) it's because he was getting the car packed...which is why I think Caleb found trouble to get into - knowing that Gama & Gampa were leaving.
Yesterday, I found Caleb in another mess....and one much greater than a few pieces of straw on the floor. After a quick trip to the bathroom, I go into the kitchen and start making dinner. I see that Caleb is "playing nicely" in the living room (I'm thinking he's playing cars on the couch). Sammy is in there with him - wide awake, but content watching big brother. Caleb yells "mama, wipe off couch please". Knowing that he hates stuff on his fingers or pieces of fuzz/whatever on toys or where he wants to play, I figure that there is straw or something on the couch, where he wants to play cars. I kind of ignore his request and say "just a minute, mommy's making dinner" Again - "Mama, wipe off couch...messy." "what's on the couch, buddy?" "mess, wipe off please" "just a minute" He whines alittle and keeps yelling to wipe off the couch. I asked if he made a mess and he says "yes". Finally, I give in...I walk over to the couch and find him holding the dishsoap upside-down and opened...making puddles of dishsoap ALL OVER the couch (which is like suede). I gasp and my reaction scares him (my eyes probably popped out of my eyesockets). He quickly runs to me saying "okay okay okay" and hands me the soap (I didn't even have to ask for it).
I call Justin to see how I should take care of the mess (he always knows the right way to clean things). He thinks it's all very funny, but at this point, Caleb is running his matchbox cars through his new puddles, I smell that he has a dirty diaper and Sammy is screaming because it's time for him to eat (And I have a disaster all over my couch). Needless to say, I wasn't as amused as Justin....*now* it's funny, but at the time I wasn't laughing (but I'm quite proud of myself for not even raising my voice). Now I've had time to clean things up, my boys are both sleeping and my living room smells great (thanks to Caleb). At least he wasn't pouring it over Sammy's head ....though I wonder if that would help with the cradle cap?
Yesterday, I found Caleb in another mess....and one much greater than a few pieces of straw on the floor. After a quick trip to the bathroom, I go into the kitchen and start making dinner. I see that Caleb is "playing nicely" in the living room (I'm thinking he's playing cars on the couch). Sammy is in there with him - wide awake, but content watching big brother. Caleb yells "mama, wipe off couch please". Knowing that he hates stuff on his fingers or pieces of fuzz/whatever on toys or where he wants to play, I figure that there is straw or something on the couch, where he wants to play cars. I kind of ignore his request and say "just a minute, mommy's making dinner" Again - "Mama, wipe off couch...messy." "what's on the couch, buddy?" "mess, wipe off please" "just a minute" He whines alittle and keeps yelling to wipe off the couch. I asked if he made a mess and he says "yes". Finally, I give in...I walk over to the couch and find him holding the dishsoap upside-down and opened...making puddles of dishsoap ALL OVER the couch (which is like suede). I gasp and my reaction scares him (my eyes probably popped out of my eyesockets). He quickly runs to me saying "okay okay okay" and hands me the soap (I didn't even have to ask for it).
I call Justin to see how I should take care of the mess (he always knows the right way to clean things). He thinks it's all very funny, but at this point, Caleb is running his matchbox cars through his new puddles, I smell that he has a dirty diaper and Sammy is screaming because it's time for him to eat (And I have a disaster all over my couch). Needless to say, I wasn't as amused as Justin....*now* it's funny, but at the time I wasn't laughing (but I'm quite proud of myself for not even raising my voice). Now I've had time to clean things up, my boys are both sleeping and my living room smells great (thanks to Caleb). At least he wasn't pouring it over Sammy's head ....though I wonder if that would help with the cradle cap?


1 Comments:
Caleb was just doing some early spring cleaning! Send him over to my house to do the carpets! Of course, when it rains it pours - soapy mess, dinner in the kitchen, dirty diapers, and hungry baby! You need a bubble bath!
Post a Comment
<< Home