Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Caleb's Easter

Our Easter Holiday began on Thursday (at least for me & the little boys…poor Justin had finals on Friday). After playgroup on Thursday, I headed to Sheboygan with the little ones. As usual, Caleb had a blast playing with his cousins, grandparents and aunts/uncles. He was able to see them all a lot, which was great fun for him (and me!!). He had fun waking grandpa up each morning, and did his usual playing cars/trains, dancing and playing w/ grandma’s (or should I say, Casey’s) toys. He met more kids while we were there …a friend of mine from home (Matt) has a boy a few months older than Caleb and a 5 wk old girl. Joshua and Caleb played cars/trains/little people while we all caught up with my friend and his wife. On Easter, Caleb had another playmate. Mally is 3 years old and is the sweetest little girl. They played really well together…he was very good to her (he always is with little girls) – he shared all his trains nicely, they colored/markered together nicely…and then they danced together. See pictures. It was a lot of fun to watch them interact and there was not one argument over toys the ENTIRE day. They were both also very behaved in church – I was very proud of Caleb. His new friend Joshua was sitting in front of us, and I knew my friend Matt was in trouble when he gave him cookies before mass even started. Ha!

Justin didn’t get to my parents until Saturday evening. His exams on Friday were really tough and he began a new session (w/ a project due!) Saturday morning. It’s quite the schedule. I felt bad for him having to make the 2 hour drive by himself afterwards and then he couldn’t even sleep in the next morning since Caleb was up early looking for Easter eggs. At least he was spoiled with yummy food there (which he doesn’t get here!)

I really enjoyed being at home (at my parents) for a few days while Justin was away. I colored eggs with Calian, played cards with Brayden, hung out w/ my parents & siblings and was just able to relax a lot more than usual. Mom’s cooking can’t be beat either (homemade cinnamon rolls and French silk pie???), so I did put on a few pounds, but MY cooking will help me lose what I gained there. HA!

Caleb had music class on Monday. He loved it. I skipped a session after Sam was born and he was so happy to be back. Miss Joan was happy to see him...and he ran right over to her, had his face about 3 inches from hers and told her all about James, Percy, Thomas and Rusty. He had a blast singing, dancing and playing instruments. He really got into the hand motions/acting out the songs and following Miss Joan. I was very impressed. Sammy enjoyed the music too. He just sat in his carseat and smiled.

Not much new w/ Sammy…still drooling and smiling a lot. He is getting a lot better on his tummy. He DID give me a wonderful Easter present though… He slept through the night for the FIRST TIME on Saturday!! If only I could get him to do that again. We are down to 1 time/night (usually) so I guess I shouldn't complain. If getting up once in the night is my biggest complaint, I have it really good. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Webb said...

Alex really likes Cousin Caleb's dinosaur jammies!

Aunt Jen

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home