Caleb Gets a Haircut
I had a vacation from the Terrible Twos today. No, I didn’t actually have a day off (i.e. away from the boys)…I didn't negotiate that benefit w/ this job. My day was delightful and more fun than the past few days b/c Caleb was incredibly well behaved today - and ALL DAY. He was even more excited about going to get his haircut, which in the past has been a complete nightmare. He made all the women at Cookie Cutters laugh - they all thought he was hilarious, and of course, adorable...he talked and flirted the entire time. The girl working at the front desk kept watching him and said he is one of the cutest little boys she's ever seen....Caleb nodded his head and said "yes". I'm glad he agreed. The woman cutting his hair asked me if he always repeated what he heard. I told her that he did and she asked him if he was a parrot...again, he said "yes". He was happy to get a lollipop and a balloon after the haircut and the lollipop kept him entertained while I grabbed a few groceries afterwards. Sammy slept the entire time...he wasn't as entertained by Caleb as the girls at the kids salon. ha!
After naptime, Caleb helped me decorate cupcakes for playgroup tomorrow. He picked out the type of sprinkles for each one and then decorated them after I frosted. Although his chair was full of sprinkles afterwards, he did a VERY good job. He didn't eat any of the frosting or sprinkles while decorating and he took his time to make them look nice. I was very proud of him.
Sammy was alittle fussy this afternoon (I can't possibly have one day w/ both of them on their best behavior, can I?) and Caleb would come over to him, gently pat him on the leg or arm and say "it's okay, Sammy". He tried hard to be a good big brother and settle his brother down. It didn't help Sammy's mood, but it helped mine. Thanks Caleb.
After naptime, Caleb helped me decorate cupcakes for playgroup tomorrow. He picked out the type of sprinkles for each one and then decorated them after I frosted. Although his chair was full of sprinkles afterwards, he did a VERY good job. He didn't eat any of the frosting or sprinkles while decorating and he took his time to make them look nice. I was very proud of him.
Sammy was alittle fussy this afternoon (I can't possibly have one day w/ both of them on their best behavior, can I?) and Caleb would come over to him, gently pat him on the leg or arm and say "it's okay, Sammy". He tried hard to be a good big brother and settle his brother down. It didn't help Sammy's mood, but it helped mine. Thanks Caleb.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home