Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sammy's Baptism


Sammy Baptism
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb.
We had a wonderful weekend in Wisconsin! Sammy was baptised, we celebrated Caleb's 2nd Birthday and we were able to be with my family and Justin's parents (very fun having both families together)....and the weather could not have been more perfect!

Justin's folks were here on Thursday. We celebrated Ken & Caleb's Birthday Thursday night and then we were off to Wisconsin on Friday. I took the boys Friday around noon so we could drive during naptime and Sammy slept the entire time and Caleb woke up with about 20 minutes left so we listened to his music...we made great time (2.5 hours) so it was painless. Justin's parents left a few hours after me and picked Justin up from the train station. They made it to Wisconsin in time for dinner (a very yummy dinner my mom made...pepper steak and homemade cherry pie...I was in heaven). Amy and Calian came over Friday night and Caleb was very excited to see them.

Saturday, Justin's parents came over and hung out in the morning. Ken, my dad and Justin checked out Casey's pub, while Casey came over to get a haircut and spend time w/ his nephews (and me...I think). Everyone met at the church at 2:00 for Sammy's baptism. It was a quick, but nice little ceremony for Sam. He did a great job...smiled at the priest, didn't mind getting wet (he loves his baths so I didn't think it would be a problem) and did nicely for pictures. :) We all headed back to my parents for more yummy food afterwards. It was beautiful outside so we spent the rest of the afternoon on the tennis court, running in the yard (we actually were racing), and just sitting outside relaxing (my parents backyard is perfect for that).

Caleb had the best time. He loves being with Calian and Brayden and they were great about watching him while he was outside and just playing with and teaching him things. He loved "exploring" in my parents yard and thought there were great "tunnels" for him to climb through (trees/bushes along the tennis court). I think Aunt Amy liked exploring with him too.

We celebrated Caleb's birthday Saturday evening and he loved getting more fun presents. He also loved the Thomas cake that grandma made (it was pretty cool...see pics) He was really well behaved, considering that he went without a nap (and he is used to at LEAST a 2 hour nap). His friend Mally was there to play with him too....she is really sweet. It's fun to have a little girl around. :)

Justin's parents had to leave early Sunday morning to get their dog, but the celebration weekend continued with Brayden's First Communion. We went to Amy & Dave's house around 11:00 for a great brunch and Caleb was all smiles again as he played soccer with Calian, Brayden, Casey and Grandpa. Sammy got alot of attention and was all smiles too. Dave's family was there and it was nice to see them again - I think his mom enjoyed being around Sammy. As we headed into the church at 2:15 (again, w/o a nap) Caleb said "here we go again". I was alittle worried about what his behavior would be like in church, but he did just fine and I was very proud of him. Sammy decided he'd take his nap in church and there was not a peep from him either.

We all headed back to my parents after Brayden's 1st Communion and we were all back on the tennis court, running around the yard or sitting out back again (or playing in the mulch w/ Caleb) We ordered pizza and enjoyed Brayden's ice cream cake....it was another perfect day. We headed back to Chicago around 8:00 and we really thought Caleb would have been asleep by the time we hit the highway, but it took him until O'Hare (2 hours away) to fall asleep. He was really well behaved, but not interested in sleeping I guess.

Overall, it was a really fun weekend. It was really nice to have Justin's family in Wisconsin - I loved having both families together (though we missed having Chris, Jen & Alex). I think Caleb got a big kick out of having both sets of grandparents together too.

Both boys have been alittle "off" since we've been back. Sammy was up almost every hour last night and Caleb was little difficult yesterday (and didn't nap). He told me & Justin last night that he wanted to go to Gama's house. After spending the day with him, I kinda wanted to take him to Gama's and leave him there for awhile. :)

The boys also had their doctor's appointments last week. They both were 50% for weight and height. The mom's at playgroup were not happy that Caleb was only 50% for height b/c he is as tall as, or taller than all the other boys (some of them are 6 months older). I'm not sure how accurate those measures are...especially considering that my Chunky Monkey (Sam) is "only" in the 50% for weight. :) The doctor gave Caleb lots of compliments on his speech, which was great to hear and he passed all the other milestones, as did Sammy.

I will post more pictures from the weekend when I have more time....but check out what's there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home