Sammy & Caleb....Little Buddies
Another week has gone by …what have we done? Lots!
Last weekend started off great with a visit from Grandma! I took Caleb & Sam to the park in the morning and Caleb got up from his nap and was either looking out the window for her, or helping me clean (he’s pretty good with the mop). He screamed when he saw her car pull in the driveway, so I think the whole neighborhood knew Gama was here. He had a lot to show and tell Gama and he went to bed nicely, as long as Gama was reading to him, not mama (and Justin was in school). We played outside Saturday morning and then we headed to the mall after the boys napped and Grandma spoiled Caleb with his first pair of Crocs. A few days prior, I was putting on Caleb’s sandals and he said “I want Crocs mama”….how he knows what Crocs are is beyond me. His friend Logan has a pair that Caleb actually put on one day and I said “those are Logan’s crocs, bud” and I guess he just loved them and remembered what they were called. Regardless, I thought it was funny he asked for them…and my mom thought it was funny too, and agreed with Caleb that he must have a pair. The kiosk in the mall has every color for kids….Caleb wanted orange, but fortunately for me they didn’t have his size. He settled for black. Since last Saturday, he has lived in his "cwocks"....and they do look adorable on him.
Justin made it back in time to play alittle with Caleb Saturday evening and Sunday my mom left. Sunday night Justin and I had dinner in the city with one of our friends who moved to LosAngeles a few years ago. He is an actor (actually has a role on ER) and doesn’t come back to Chicago much, so it was great seeing him (and great for me to get out for a nice dinner!). We also tried a new babysitter that night and we really like her (yeah, finally!). Caleb and Sammy were both well behaved for her.
Monday, we went to music class and then to Cookie Cutters to get Caleb’s haircut. He was really well behaved. Caleb & Sammy enjoyed playing with Nicole (the babysitter) again on Tuesday so I could go to the dentist and run a few errands. The boys enjoyed a fun playgroup on Thursday and we were able to spend a lot of time outside all week. The weather has been great.
A few times this week when I have taken the boys for a walk (Sammy in the stroller and Caleb pushing his bubble mower), Caleb decides that he wants to push Sammy and I should mow the sidewalk. He is at the perfect height to see Sammy (though he can’t see where he is going) and he loves making him smile. He talks to Sam like I would. The other day a plane flew over us as he was pushing the stoller and he said “Sammy, what do you hear in the sky? What do you hear in the sky Sammy? Is that an airplane Sammy?” I thought it was so cute. He really likes taking care of Sammy and he honestly does a great job...if I'm not in the room and Sammy starts to fuss, I'll walk in and see Caleb handing him a baby toy, putting the pacifier in his mouth or giving him alittle (or big) push in the swing. He will sometimes say "its okay Sammy" and will gently pat his little head or stomach. He can actually make Sammy stop fussing and I've been very proud of him lately for being such a great big brother. The other thing I think is amazing is that when Caleb & Sammy are lying next to each other and Sammy grabs Caleb's hair or face, Caleb doesn't do a thing...he just sits there and lets Sammy hit/scratch/pull on him (and even I think it hurts sometimes!) I don't think Sammy could've asked for a better brother...now I'm sure this won't stay this way forever, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
As you can see in the pictures, Sammy just adores Caleb. He is all smiles when Caleb is around and Caleb loves making him laugh.
Last weekend started off great with a visit from Grandma! I took Caleb & Sam to the park in the morning and Caleb got up from his nap and was either looking out the window for her, or helping me clean (he’s pretty good with the mop). He screamed when he saw her car pull in the driveway, so I think the whole neighborhood knew Gama was here. He had a lot to show and tell Gama and he went to bed nicely, as long as Gama was reading to him, not mama (and Justin was in school). We played outside Saturday morning and then we headed to the mall after the boys napped and Grandma spoiled Caleb with his first pair of Crocs. A few days prior, I was putting on Caleb’s sandals and he said “I want Crocs mama”….how he knows what Crocs are is beyond me. His friend Logan has a pair that Caleb actually put on one day and I said “those are Logan’s crocs, bud” and I guess he just loved them and remembered what they were called. Regardless, I thought it was funny he asked for them…and my mom thought it was funny too, and agreed with Caleb that he must have a pair. The kiosk in the mall has every color for kids….Caleb wanted orange, but fortunately for me they didn’t have his size. He settled for black. Since last Saturday, he has lived in his "cwocks"....and they do look adorable on him.
Justin made it back in time to play alittle with Caleb Saturday evening and Sunday my mom left. Sunday night Justin and I had dinner in the city with one of our friends who moved to LosAngeles a few years ago. He is an actor (actually has a role on ER) and doesn’t come back to Chicago much, so it was great seeing him (and great for me to get out for a nice dinner!). We also tried a new babysitter that night and we really like her (yeah, finally!). Caleb and Sammy were both well behaved for her.
Monday, we went to music class and then to Cookie Cutters to get Caleb’s haircut. He was really well behaved. Caleb & Sammy enjoyed playing with Nicole (the babysitter) again on Tuesday so I could go to the dentist and run a few errands. The boys enjoyed a fun playgroup on Thursday and we were able to spend a lot of time outside all week. The weather has been great.
A few times this week when I have taken the boys for a walk (Sammy in the stroller and Caleb pushing his bubble mower), Caleb decides that he wants to push Sammy and I should mow the sidewalk. He is at the perfect height to see Sammy (though he can’t see where he is going) and he loves making him smile. He talks to Sam like I would. The other day a plane flew over us as he was pushing the stoller and he said “Sammy, what do you hear in the sky? What do you hear in the sky Sammy? Is that an airplane Sammy?” I thought it was so cute. He really likes taking care of Sammy and he honestly does a great job...if I'm not in the room and Sammy starts to fuss, I'll walk in and see Caleb handing him a baby toy, putting the pacifier in his mouth or giving him alittle (or big) push in the swing. He will sometimes say "its okay Sammy" and will gently pat his little head or stomach. He can actually make Sammy stop fussing and I've been very proud of him lately for being such a great big brother. The other thing I think is amazing is that when Caleb & Sammy are lying next to each other and Sammy grabs Caleb's hair or face, Caleb doesn't do a thing...he just sits there and lets Sammy hit/scratch/pull on him (and even I think it hurts sometimes!) I don't think Sammy could've asked for a better brother...now I'm sure this won't stay this way forever, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
As you can see in the pictures, Sammy just adores Caleb. He is all smiles when Caleb is around and Caleb loves making him laugh.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home