Fun Weekend In Wisconsin
Caleb & Sam had a great weekend. Justin was in school (actually had a final exam in one class) so I took the boys to Wisconsin on Thursday after playgroup. Caleb was very excited. He packed his own backpack on Wednesday after his nap and he wouldn’t take it off. He kept walking around saying “going to gama’s”. He also told some guy who came to our door selling newspapers “Caleb pack backback to go to gama’s”…he said this maybe 6 or 7 times to this poor guy, who clearly had no children of his own.
Caleb was once again in heaven, getting the attention of his cool older cousins. Amy and Brayden came over Thursday night and Caleb had a blast with Brayden. I think he was belly laughing non-stop for about an hour…I don’t think I’ve ever heard him laugh so hard for such a long period of time. He was very worn out (Brayden does a good job tiring him out for me) so he went down very nicely that night.
Friday, Caleb played a lot outside with Gama….the weather was perfect and grandma has some fun outdoor toys…although he really doesn’t even need toys when he is there b/c he likes exploring in all the trees around the tennis court – he thinks all the tunnels that the trees make are especially fun. Grandma was also happy b/c Caleb and Millie had fun chasing each other so Millie was ready for a good nap too. After naptime, Casey came over to play and after he left, he played with Grandpa until Amy and Calian came over. Lots of playing!
Saturday morning we watched Brayden’s soccer game. Caleb likes watching the boys play, and he really likes half time when he can go on the field and play too (and hopefully get some good pointers from Calian!) After soccer, he helped grandpa fill the birdfeeders and walked around the house with grandma and smelled all the flowers….and then did more exploring around the tennis court. Caleb’s friend Mally helped me wake him up from his nap (first she had to help me take care of Sammy). Caleb was very happy to see Mally and the two played nicely outside with Casey & Jamie (and Millie) for awhile. Click on the picture to see more cute photos. Amy, Dave and the boys were over for dinner Saturday night so Caleb was able to play hard before we headed back to Chicago.
Caleb was happy to see Justin yesterday morning. We all went to Home Depot and to a great Nursery to find a few more shrubs/bushes/flowers for the front yard. Justin replanted and planted and now the front landscaping really looks nice. Caleb “helped”, of course. We all took a nice walk after dinner and although Caleb took a few hard falls (bloodied up his knees) he was tough (very few tears) and still wanted to either pull his wagon or push Sammy in the stroller. I’m sure him falling does not surprise my dad….when we were at their house, Caleb was running VERY fast while pushing a little fire truck they have. We both thought he would wipe out then and we asked him to slow down but he didn’t….he is alittle out of control.
Sammy had a nice time in Wisconsin too. He gets a lot of attention there - someone is always playing with him. He is rolling onto his belly ALL the time now but he still hates being on his belly, so once he’s on that big tummy he starts to yell….so I help him roll back and within 30 seconds he’s back to his stomach….and the cycle/game continues. We were very proud of Sammy last night – he slept in his crib ALL NIGHT for the first time!! I thought for sure that once I fed him, I’d need to put him in his swing to sleep for the rest of the night, but he was just fine going back to the crib. He is also napping in his crib as I type, so I think we may have graduated to the crib!! Yippeee!!
The boys were both great at music class today. Caleb was *really* into singing today….during one song, he was using very exaggerated hand motions and singing loudly and I couldn’t help but laugh (I was actually crying I was laughing so hard – he didn’t see though b/c I was sitting behind him). It was so adorable, but absolutely hilarious to see. Miss Joan (the teacher) had to look away b/c she said she was on the verge of tears too (from laughing)…the kids usually don’t get into it quite that much. I’m glad he enjoys it so much. Sammy likes it too - - he just sits there and smiles the whole time.
Caleb was once again in heaven, getting the attention of his cool older cousins. Amy and Brayden came over Thursday night and Caleb had a blast with Brayden. I think he was belly laughing non-stop for about an hour…I don’t think I’ve ever heard him laugh so hard for such a long period of time. He was very worn out (Brayden does a good job tiring him out for me) so he went down very nicely that night.
Friday, Caleb played a lot outside with Gama….the weather was perfect and grandma has some fun outdoor toys…although he really doesn’t even need toys when he is there b/c he likes exploring in all the trees around the tennis court – he thinks all the tunnels that the trees make are especially fun. Grandma was also happy b/c Caleb and Millie had fun chasing each other so Millie was ready for a good nap too. After naptime, Casey came over to play and after he left, he played with Grandpa until Amy and Calian came over. Lots of playing!
Saturday morning we watched Brayden’s soccer game. Caleb likes watching the boys play, and he really likes half time when he can go on the field and play too (and hopefully get some good pointers from Calian!) After soccer, he helped grandpa fill the birdfeeders and walked around the house with grandma and smelled all the flowers….and then did more exploring around the tennis court. Caleb’s friend Mally helped me wake him up from his nap (first she had to help me take care of Sammy). Caleb was very happy to see Mally and the two played nicely outside with Casey & Jamie (and Millie) for awhile. Click on the picture to see more cute photos. Amy, Dave and the boys were over for dinner Saturday night so Caleb was able to play hard before we headed back to Chicago.
Caleb was happy to see Justin yesterday morning. We all went to Home Depot and to a great Nursery to find a few more shrubs/bushes/flowers for the front yard. Justin replanted and planted and now the front landscaping really looks nice. Caleb “helped”, of course. We all took a nice walk after dinner and although Caleb took a few hard falls (bloodied up his knees) he was tough (very few tears) and still wanted to either pull his wagon or push Sammy in the stroller. I’m sure him falling does not surprise my dad….when we were at their house, Caleb was running VERY fast while pushing a little fire truck they have. We both thought he would wipe out then and we asked him to slow down but he didn’t….he is alittle out of control.
Sammy had a nice time in Wisconsin too. He gets a lot of attention there - someone is always playing with him. He is rolling onto his belly ALL the time now but he still hates being on his belly, so once he’s on that big tummy he starts to yell….so I help him roll back and within 30 seconds he’s back to his stomach….and the cycle/game continues. We were very proud of Sammy last night – he slept in his crib ALL NIGHT for the first time!! I thought for sure that once I fed him, I’d need to put him in his swing to sleep for the rest of the night, but he was just fine going back to the crib. He is also napping in his crib as I type, so I think we may have graduated to the crib!! Yippeee!!
The boys were both great at music class today. Caleb was *really* into singing today….during one song, he was using very exaggerated hand motions and singing loudly and I couldn’t help but laugh (I was actually crying I was laughing so hard – he didn’t see though b/c I was sitting behind him). It was so adorable, but absolutely hilarious to see. Miss Joan (the teacher) had to look away b/c she said she was on the verge of tears too (from laughing)…the kids usually don’t get into it quite that much. I’m glad he enjoys it so much. Sammy likes it too - - he just sits there and smiles the whole time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home