Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Caleb to the Rescue!

Big Brother Caleb was being very protective of his baby brother today. I made a pretty poor attempt at making Sammy "cry it out" this morning for his nap. After about 6 or 7 minutes of listening to him cry, I decided that I would go get him after I finished brushing my teeth. As I left my bathroom, I realized that Sammy had settled down alittle. "well, that was easy", I thought, "but I'll still go check on him". I expected to find Caleb solving Blues Clues on the floor in my room.....but he wasn't there. Instead, I found him in Sammy's room...and ON HIS CRIB!!

Caleb: My broder (brother) Sammy is crying, mama
Me: Yes, I know - he's supposed to be taking a nap
Caleb: He's awake
Me: Oh, okay. Are you trying to help him?
Caleb: Yes

He really doesn't like it when Sammy cries. If I'm not in the room, he really does look after him...whether he's sticking a pacifier in his mouth, bringing him toys, or just sitting next to him - he's trying to help. I thought this was really funny today...he's never climbed on the crib like this.

Caleb has also been watching me try to feed Sammy rice cereal and milk from a bottle. Sammy is not having ANY of it and he makes bad faces, squirms around and spits it out. This has actually made Caleb GAG! I have had to tell him a few times to go do something and to not watch b/c it's making him sick! When I was trying to feed him rice cereal the other day, Caleb's eyes were even watering from gagging so much - I thought for sure he'd get sick. And he kept saying "mama, he doesn't like dat"

I was telling Justin these stories tonight at dinner and Justin asked Caleb "Who is more fun to be with - Sammy or Thomas (trains)" He smiled and said "SAMMY!"

Sammy can be pretty fun...and funny. He had us all laughing the other afternoon. He came in with me to get Caleb out of bed after his nap. We were all lying on Caleb's big boy bed and Sammy tooted really loud. Caleb and I both started laughing and Caleb sat up, leaned over me to get a better view of Sam and yelled "Do it again, Sammy" and kept laughing. I'm in big trouble....

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Webb said...

"My broder (brother) Sammy is crying, mama."

I love it!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Webb said...

It is good that Caleb is around there to make sure Sammy is being well-treated and cared for!!!!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home