Our Week
We had another incredibly hot week here, so we have been couped up inside again. It's as bad as winter to me....spending so much time indoors. I'm feeling bad for my sister-in-law Jen, who is due in October....I can't imagine being pregnant in this heat.
We don't have much news from this past week. We had fun at our usual 2 playgroups and I have started at 3rd playgroup (though I'm going to stop doing an old one). The newest playgroup is with my friend Kristen and her twin girls and 18 mo old boy, and with my friend Becca and her triplets. We had our first playgroup at Becca's on Friday morning and had a really good time. It's crazy that there are 8 kids all 2 and younger....and only 3 moms. :) The kids are all very well behaved and play so nicely together so it's going to be a great playgroup. We went back to Becca & Sacha's house last night for dinner and to watch football. It was nice to have the dads around this time and it's really nice to have our friends live so close to us now.
No news with the boys really. I think Sammy has cut his first tooth...not sure if there is more than one in there are not - he's not happy when I check. He seems to be close to crawling, but even without crawling he sure gets around very well. Caleb is Caleb...talking up a storm, caring for his little brother and is starting to outsmart me - he's a great negotiator.
Caleb is also getting *alittle* sassy occassionally...Here is a conversation from this week. I'm feeding Sammy and Caleb has taken some straw from a (fake) tree in our living room (which he is not supposed to touch).
Me: Caleb, please put that back in the tree. You know you aren't supposed to touch that.
Caleb: No. I'm NOT putting it back mama. I'm going to sit in my highchair and you feed Sammy his cereal RIGHT NOW.
He points his finger at me while he says this and I just stare at him...then I smile...and then we both laugh. Not a good reaction from me, I know but I can't help it sometimes. I told him afterwards that he wasn't talking very nicely to me and he just said "no mama, I was not nice"
He made up for it the other night. I told him that I would just hum a song to him to calm him down before bedtime (he was getting too wound up from singing). He had his head face down in the pillow as I was humming and the he lifted his head, looked at me, and in his sweetest voice said "oh, that's really nice mama." "thanks bud."
This picture of Sammy was taken two weeks ago...it's my new favorite of him. Click on this photo to view more pics from our time in Indy and last weekend.
We don't have much news from this past week. We had fun at our usual 2 playgroups and I have started at 3rd playgroup (though I'm going to stop doing an old one). The newest playgroup is with my friend Kristen and her twin girls and 18 mo old boy, and with my friend Becca and her triplets. We had our first playgroup at Becca's on Friday morning and had a really good time. It's crazy that there are 8 kids all 2 and younger....and only 3 moms. :) The kids are all very well behaved and play so nicely together so it's going to be a great playgroup. We went back to Becca & Sacha's house last night for dinner and to watch football. It was nice to have the dads around this time and it's really nice to have our friends live so close to us now.
No news with the boys really. I think Sammy has cut his first tooth...not sure if there is more than one in there are not - he's not happy when I check. He seems to be close to crawling, but even without crawling he sure gets around very well. Caleb is Caleb...talking up a storm, caring for his little brother and is starting to outsmart me - he's a great negotiator.
Caleb is also getting *alittle* sassy occassionally...Here is a conversation from this week. I'm feeding Sammy and Caleb has taken some straw from a (fake) tree in our living room (which he is not supposed to touch).
Me: Caleb, please put that back in the tree. You know you aren't supposed to touch that.
Caleb: No. I'm NOT putting it back mama. I'm going to sit in my highchair and you feed Sammy his cereal RIGHT NOW.
He points his finger at me while he says this and I just stare at him...then I smile...and then we both laugh. Not a good reaction from me, I know but I can't help it sometimes. I told him afterwards that he wasn't talking very nicely to me and he just said "no mama, I was not nice"
He made up for it the other night. I told him that I would just hum a song to him to calm him down before bedtime (he was getting too wound up from singing). He had his head face down in the pillow as I was humming and the he lifted his head, looked at me, and in his sweetest voice said "oh, that's really nice mama." "thanks bud."
This picture of Sammy was taken two weeks ago...it's my new favorite of him. Click on this photo to view more pics from our time in Indy and last weekend.


1 Comments:
I'm now 29 weeks and swollen like I was with Alex at 36 weeks. Miserable is a good word :-) I'm hoping it cools down in September and October.
Sammy is so good for putting up with Caleb's "SASSY" side while he is trying to eat.
Post a Comment
<< Home