Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Our Week

It’s been awhile again since I’ve blogged…can’t seem to stay on top of things these days. Despite the heat, we’ve had a nice (and finally healthy!) week. Last weekend was spent outdoors – the weather was great and the boys enjoyed being in the fresh air. Caleb helped Justin spread mulch, and that actually kept him entertained for a large part of the weekend (see pics)! He also spent time kicking the soccer ball around with me in the backyard, mowing the lawn, running through the sprinkler and then eating his snacks and lunch on his picnic table.

On Sunday evening, we met up with our friends Becca & Sacha and their triplets(!) for dinner. They moved last weekend and we needed to welcome them to the neighborhood…by taking them to Red Robin – ha! It will be nice having them so close to us.

The rest of the week was a pretty normal one, with the exception of it being too hot to go outside. We had 2 playgroups this week and the rest of the time has been spent at home playing matchbox cars, trains, coloring, doing puzzles and playing legos.

This weekend, Caleb has played with Nicole (our babysitter) quite a bit. Justin & I looked at cars Saturday morning and then we met some great friends of ours in the city for dinner. Today is a family day…not doing too much, just hanging out at home playing (inside of course…it’s hot AGAIN).

The story of the week is one that Jen & Chris will appreciate the most. They know the Thomas story that makes this conversation w/ Caleb hilarious. So….the other night, Caleb decides he is going to poop on the toilet. After about 15 minutes of him sitting there talking (and not giving any real effort to going to the bathroom)…

Me: Buddy, why don’t you try to push?
Caleb (in his best Sir Topham Hat voice): Because my doctor has forbidden me to push …poops.
Me (laughing): WHAT?
Caleb (again, very serious and using his Sir Topham Hat voice): My doctor has forbidden me to push poops.

This was a conversation from the day before...Caleb and I were finished eating breakfast and we were heading to the train table. Sammy is sitting at the table eating breakfast w/ Justin.

Caleb: Mama, don’t be cross with Sammy.
Me: WHAT?
Caleb: Don’t be cross with Sammy.
Me: I’m NOT. I didn’t do anything to Sam.

Caleb just looked at me like I was in trouble.

I really didn’t do anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Webb said...

HILARIOUS! "I'm going to boop boop at Henry on my way by!" Aunt Jenny

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Don't push too hard - you'll overheat!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home