A Fun Fun Week
It’s been a very busy, but REALLY fun week. Tuesday, my mom, Amy, Calian and Brayden came for a nice visit. We hung out here that afternoon and Calian and Brayden were extremely helpful. They mowed the lawn and cleaned out our garden for us…picked tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers and chopped down some of my enormous sunflowers. The garden was out of control and they were happy to jump right in and clean it up for me. I can't believe they actually enjoy doing this work!! Usually, one of them was “working” and the other was kicking the soccer ball around with Caleb …until Brayden mowed, then Caleb had to “help” him with his bubble mower. Sammy was entertained by grandma (unless she was playing soccer…I think she may have been beaten by Calian, but she did suffer minor injuries from a fall…teehee.) and Amy was also helping in the garden – she made a nice bouquet of my sunflowers for me - - thanks everyone!! Justin was extremely happy when he came home from work.
Wednesday, we hit a few stores. Brayden’s birthday was this Saturday and he’s pretty hard to shop for. We went to Toys R Us so he could pick out a present…and while we were there, grandma found a GREAT water slide that all the boys enjoyed. I took a lot of pictures b/c they all had so much fun. Click on the photo to view more. Caleb has no fear when he is around his big cousins. If they can do it, so can he. They would make a big running start and leap onto the slide. Caleb tried, but only bounced back b/c he couldn’t quite make it up the slide – ha! Calian and Brayden were very helpful and patient with him and always helped him up…and gave him alittle shove down the slide. Ha. Anyway, the boys could’ve played on that all day/night. Great buy, grandma.
Thursday, they had to head home b/c both boys had soccer. They didn’t leave without spending more time on the slide though. Caleb was happy to join them and Sammy had fun watching again. It was really nice having them all here - - Caleb is just in heaven when he’s around them…he wears a permanent smile on his face. Amy brought a HUGE box of books for us – old ones from the boys and they are just perfect for Caleb….lots of GREAT books. Caleb and I both really love books so we have fun every night reading these new books. Calian and Brayden also read to him while they were here – Caleb thought that was pretty cool.
They left just in time. We had a pretty bad storm a few hours after they left. *Just* as I had both my boys napping, the tornado sirens blew. I really didn’t want to wake them up, so I watched the sky until it turned black and then took them both to the basement (and then I just about freaked out). Caleb still slept (worn out from the water slide…thanks grandma!) and Sammy and I quietly played. I was very happy when Justin came home – I hate storms out here! I learned, the night before, that Calian doesn’t like storms either….he acts like I do when there is bad lightening/loud thunder. Ha!
We had our Day Out With Thomas on Saturday and had a blast. I’ll post more pics and write about that later. It’s taking me forever to load up the slide photos and I’m tired…need to go to sleep. Our weekend was great, but I think we are all worn out.
Wednesday, we hit a few stores. Brayden’s birthday was this Saturday and he’s pretty hard to shop for. We went to Toys R Us so he could pick out a present…and while we were there, grandma found a GREAT water slide that all the boys enjoyed. I took a lot of pictures b/c they all had so much fun. Click on the photo to view more. Caleb has no fear when he is around his big cousins. If they can do it, so can he. They would make a big running start and leap onto the slide. Caleb tried, but only bounced back b/c he couldn’t quite make it up the slide – ha! Calian and Brayden were very helpful and patient with him and always helped him up…and gave him alittle shove down the slide. Ha. Anyway, the boys could’ve played on that all day/night. Great buy, grandma.
Thursday, they had to head home b/c both boys had soccer. They didn’t leave without spending more time on the slide though. Caleb was happy to join them and Sammy had fun watching again. It was really nice having them all here - - Caleb is just in heaven when he’s around them…he wears a permanent smile on his face. Amy brought a HUGE box of books for us – old ones from the boys and they are just perfect for Caleb….lots of GREAT books. Caleb and I both really love books so we have fun every night reading these new books. Calian and Brayden also read to him while they were here – Caleb thought that was pretty cool.
They left just in time. We had a pretty bad storm a few hours after they left. *Just* as I had both my boys napping, the tornado sirens blew. I really didn’t want to wake them up, so I watched the sky until it turned black and then took them both to the basement (and then I just about freaked out). Caleb still slept (worn out from the water slide…thanks grandma!) and Sammy and I quietly played. I was very happy when Justin came home – I hate storms out here! I learned, the night before, that Calian doesn’t like storms either….he acts like I do when there is bad lightening/loud thunder. Ha!
We had our Day Out With Thomas on Saturday and had a blast. I’ll post more pics and write about that later. It’s taking me forever to load up the slide photos and I’m tired…need to go to sleep. Our weekend was great, but I think we are all worn out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home