Day Out With Thomas...And Sir Topham Hatt
We had a great time last weekend on our "Day Out With Thomas". We had our photo taken with Thomas (need to scan that) and then went on a nice ride on Thomas, or rather "Annie & Clarabel", while listening to fun Thomas music. The IL Railway Museum is great - they have lots of streetcars that we were able to ride as well and Caleb thought they were Bertie, Bulgy and the Caboose so it was perfect. There was lots to see and do and we all enjoyed ourselves (click on photo to see more pics!). One of Caleb's highlights was meeting Sir Topham Hatt. He shook his hand and said "nice to meet you, Sir Topham Hatt." The idiot in the costume didn't say anything back and I wanted to punch him....I almost said "nice to meet you, too." in my best Sir Topham Hatt voice, but I didn't. Anyway - Caleb was cute.
I was proud of Caleb. He walked the entire time AND we had a decent walk to/from the museum since the parking lot there was still flooded. He waited in line VERY patiently, he didn't whine or grump at ALL ...he was just so thrilled to be there. Because he behaved so well, we HAD to stop at the souvenir shop before we left. ;)
He was asleep within 1 minute of our drive home. That night, when I was leaving his room after reading books, he said in his sweetest voice "mama, if I close my eyes, lay my head down and don't scream or cry, tomorrow I can meet Sir Topham Hatt again." "Oh, buddy...maybe next year you can see him again." "I'm just going to close my eyes and go to sleep and tomorrow I meet Sir Topham Hatt again." I went downstairs and told Justin what he had said....and do you know what Justin's response was? "Where is Day Out With Thomas tomorrow? Should we go?" :) We are such suckers.
So this week I was alittle under the weather. Caleb and Sammy took me to the doctor on Tuesday and Caleb did a great job looking after me. An actual doctor was not available to see me and they asked if a PA was okay for me to see. Fine with me. So in walked the nice young lady (PA) and Caleb immediately said "oh, you are not a doctor."
Here is more of his conversation:
PA: Are you going to take care of your mommy?
Caleb: Oh, yes I am. When Caleb is sick, I sleep in mommy & daddys bed.
PA: Oh, so are you going to let your mommy sleep in your bed tonight?
Caleb: (laughing) Oooh, noooo
PA: You Aren't?
Caleb: Oh, oh oh, okay mommy.
Then a few minutes later:
Caleb: Excuse me, doctor. What is that flashlight?
PA: It's to look in your mommy's ears, would you like to see it?
Caleb: Oooooh, yeeeees. Thank you. Oooh, look at that light.
PA: (speaking to me) How old is he?
Me: 2
PA: He talks really well.
Me: I know....
As we left, he said "do you feel better, mama?" "Yes, buddy, I do." "Oh, Okay mama. Should we go to Culvers?" "No, buddy - not today." "Oh, okay mama." Silly kid. Sammy & I just smiled.
I was proud of Caleb. He walked the entire time AND we had a decent walk to/from the museum since the parking lot there was still flooded. He waited in line VERY patiently, he didn't whine or grump at ALL ...he was just so thrilled to be there. Because he behaved so well, we HAD to stop at the souvenir shop before we left. ;)
He was asleep within 1 minute of our drive home. That night, when I was leaving his room after reading books, he said in his sweetest voice "mama, if I close my eyes, lay my head down and don't scream or cry, tomorrow I can meet Sir Topham Hatt again." "Oh, buddy...maybe next year you can see him again." "I'm just going to close my eyes and go to sleep and tomorrow I meet Sir Topham Hatt again." I went downstairs and told Justin what he had said....and do you know what Justin's response was? "Where is Day Out With Thomas tomorrow? Should we go?" :) We are such suckers.
So this week I was alittle under the weather. Caleb and Sammy took me to the doctor on Tuesday and Caleb did a great job looking after me. An actual doctor was not available to see me and they asked if a PA was okay for me to see. Fine with me. So in walked the nice young lady (PA) and Caleb immediately said "oh, you are not a doctor."
Here is more of his conversation:
PA: Are you going to take care of your mommy?
Caleb: Oh, yes I am. When Caleb is sick, I sleep in mommy & daddys bed.
PA: Oh, so are you going to let your mommy sleep in your bed tonight?
Caleb: (laughing) Oooh, noooo
PA: You Aren't?
Caleb: Oh, oh oh, okay mommy.
Then a few minutes later:
Caleb: Excuse me, doctor. What is that flashlight?
PA: It's to look in your mommy's ears, would you like to see it?
Caleb: Oooooh, yeeeees. Thank you. Oooh, look at that light.
PA: (speaking to me) How old is he?
Me: 2
PA: He talks really well.
Me: I know....
As we left, he said "do you feel better, mama?" "Yes, buddy, I do." "Oh, Okay mama. Should we go to Culvers?" "No, buddy - not today." "Oh, okay mama." Silly kid. Sammy & I just smiled.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home