Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Kellogg Outing in Vegas

Justin and I are back from a nice trip to Vegas....silly of me to think I'd catch up on my sleep in Vegas, but it was all worth it! :)

My parents were in charge of Caleb & Sammy, and Justin was in charge of our schedule in Vegas. I was happy to have NO responsibility for 3.5 days.

We went to Vegas with Justin's classmates - we all met up for great dinners on Thursday and Saturday night and we watched football together on Saturday afternoon. Friday was a nice day for just Justin and me...we were up by 6:00am (8:00am our time). We walked the entire strip, looked at all the casinos, ate at fun places and really enjoyed people watching. Friday night we had tickets (1st row) to the Price is Right - we had a BLAST there (and Justin won a whopping $10... we were jumping up and down/hugging like it was $10 million). I was bummed that we weren't able to take cameras into that theater....though I was more bummed that my name wasn't called to spin the wheel. Maybe next time.

I was definitely among friends in Vegas. Wisconsin played UNLV on Saturday night and Vegas was basically owned by Wisconsin fans. From the time we arrived on Thursday until we left on Sunday, the strip was covered in people wearing Badger T-shirts and hats. It was fun to see. We had a great time watching football, sometimes by ourselves (well, alongside WI fans) and sometimes with his classmates. It was fun to see them again and hang out with some of the wives. It's a great group of people.

The MTV Music Awards were held at the Palms in Vegas last night. Needless to say, there were alot of celebrities in town while we were there and after having dinner at the Hard Rock, we realized we were surrounded by them. I never watch music videos, so I had no idea who anyone was, but I did recognize Don Vito (from Jackass - the Movie and Viva La Bam) and Wee Man (ha!)...and supposedly we were sitting next to the Fall Out Boys (?) at dinner on Saturday. My favorite celebrity siting was a Days Of Our Lives Star (guy who plays Max Brady) - ha!! I was probably one of very few "Stay-At-Home-Moms" at the Hard Rock that night, so I'm sure I was the only one who knew the Soap Star and ignored the Rock Stars. Noone was bothering the guy as he played Craps with Wisconsin Fans at the table next to us. Pretty cool.

Grandma and Grandpa and the boys were outside playing when we returned home at 6:00 last night. I can't believe how much I missed my boys. It was great to be home...to a clean garage (thanks Grandpa) and with dinner on the table (thanks Grandma)! The boys were very good for grandma & grandpa...no meltdowns from Caleb, and of course, Sammy slept through the night once for them (go figure). I was happy that they were so good and didn't seem to miss us much! I think Caleb and Grandpa played lots in the sandbox...and they must have played alot together on the floor b/c grandpa's knees hurt when they left (note to self: buy grandpa knee pads) :)

Justin and I both thought that Caleb was talking even better since we returned. Last night Justin said "I think he's smarter." I kinda laughed at his comment, but today I think I agree....here is a conversation we had this afternoon while Sammy was having his bottle.

Me (to Sammy): Buddy, it's all gone - you are only sucking in air.
Caleb: Balloons are filled with air.
Me: Yes they are - that's good.
Me (after thinking about what he said) How did you know that balloons are filled with air? Who told you that?
Caleb: Mary told me (my cousin from NE...he saw her early July)
Me: Oh.
Caleb: Balloons are filled with gas too. Gas and air.
Me: Wow.

I'm going to have to stop watching Days and start recording shows on the Discovery Channel to keep up with this kid....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home