Our Week
I like this photo of the boys playing so nicely together (with trains, of course). Caleb is such a good big brother. I know I say this a lot, but I have 3 friends w/ 2 boys around the same ages and the big brothers are not so nice to their little brother (I see them weekly - and sometimes twice a week). It's just refreshing (and yes, I know this can change, but until then I'm going to be very happy and proud). Occassionally, Caleb will take something from Sam and say "oh Sammy, this is not a baby toy....here you go, you play with this." He doesn't do it as much as he used to, but I have told him that Sammy can now play with just about anything. So, as you can see in the picture, he and Sammy sit nicely and even play trains together!
Sammy is very happy when his big brother Caleb is playing with him. He also likes Caleb's toys more...except for the Leap Frog table, which is in the background of the picture. He loves standing on his own to play. He has really figured out how to play with the table and he gets very excited and dances when he gets the music to play. Click on this pic to view more of Sam at his table.
We had a nice week. Monday & Tuesday we enjoyed the great weather and played outside at home alot. Wednesday we had playgroup and Thursday, Caleb's friend Adam (and little brother Alex) came over to play and have lunch....music class was cancelled at the last minute and this was a nice distraction for Caleb & Adam. Friday, Kristen and her 3 kids (twin girls and a 20 mo old boy) came over to play and have lunch and then we played outside in the afternoon.
Justin started back at school this weekend. It's going to be a very crazy (difficult) quarter for him. He made it home late Saturday afternoon and we all took a nice walk after dinner. Today, we cleaned out the garden, mowed, trimmed bushes, watered flowers, dug out fall outdoor decorations and bought a few mums. While Justin and I did this, Caleb mowed, played in his sandbox, drenched himself playing at his water table and went down his slide. Sammy played in his excersaucer and then played catch with me (he loves balls and is even starting to sign "ball" (he already signs "milk").
I cannot sign off without writing a few of my favorite conversations I had with Caleb this week. Actually, these aren't really conversations, but things he said.
1) "Mama, I think I need water. I have the hiccups" I like this b/c I have never told him that you drink water to get rid of hiccups.
2) This was said as I was turning on the TV for him in our bedroom. He watches Little Einsteins when I take a shower. I told him I was going to go put Sam down for his nap.
"Oh Mama, you can put Sammy in here (pointing next to him on our bed). It won't bother me." He said this twice in a row. That's just funny.
3) Tonight, after I put Sammy to bed, he started fussing alittle. "Oh, I'll get Sammy. I'll get him, mama." He said this as he was running towards the stairs. I told him he didn't need to, but it was very nice to want to help.
4) I was reading to Caleb before afternoon nap today. Sammy was downstairs crying. "Oh mama, Sammy is crying, but dada will take care of her" (he even calls Sam a "her").
5) He was saying something about grandpa the other day and then he said "grandpa...ga-ga-ga-ga-grandpa. That starts with the letter "G". Then, at dinner, he sounded out Sam, Mama, Dada and Caleb and correctly said what letter each word started with (the only one he missed 1st try was Caleb...and he guessed a "K").
I swear I don't force this kid to learn anything, other than manners and his bedtime prayers!
Sammy is very happy when his big brother Caleb is playing with him. He also likes Caleb's toys more...except for the Leap Frog table, which is in the background of the picture. He loves standing on his own to play. He has really figured out how to play with the table and he gets very excited and dances when he gets the music to play. Click on this pic to view more of Sam at his table.
We had a nice week. Monday & Tuesday we enjoyed the great weather and played outside at home alot. Wednesday we had playgroup and Thursday, Caleb's friend Adam (and little brother Alex) came over to play and have lunch....music class was cancelled at the last minute and this was a nice distraction for Caleb & Adam. Friday, Kristen and her 3 kids (twin girls and a 20 mo old boy) came over to play and have lunch and then we played outside in the afternoon.
Justin started back at school this weekend. It's going to be a very crazy (difficult) quarter for him. He made it home late Saturday afternoon and we all took a nice walk after dinner. Today, we cleaned out the garden, mowed, trimmed bushes, watered flowers, dug out fall outdoor decorations and bought a few mums. While Justin and I did this, Caleb mowed, played in his sandbox, drenched himself playing at his water table and went down his slide. Sammy played in his excersaucer and then played catch with me (he loves balls and is even starting to sign "ball" (he already signs "milk").
I cannot sign off without writing a few of my favorite conversations I had with Caleb this week. Actually, these aren't really conversations, but things he said.
1) "Mama, I think I need water. I have the hiccups" I like this b/c I have never told him that you drink water to get rid of hiccups.
2) This was said as I was turning on the TV for him in our bedroom. He watches Little Einsteins when I take a shower. I told him I was going to go put Sam down for his nap.
"Oh Mama, you can put Sammy in here (pointing next to him on our bed). It won't bother me." He said this twice in a row. That's just funny.
3) Tonight, after I put Sammy to bed, he started fussing alittle. "Oh, I'll get Sammy. I'll get him, mama." He said this as he was running towards the stairs. I told him he didn't need to, but it was very nice to want to help.
4) I was reading to Caleb before afternoon nap today. Sammy was downstairs crying. "Oh mama, Sammy is crying, but dada will take care of her" (he even calls Sam a "her").
5) He was saying something about grandpa the other day and then he said "grandpa...ga-ga-ga-ga-grandpa. That starts with the letter "G". Then, at dinner, he sounded out Sam, Mama, Dada and Caleb and correctly said what letter each word started with (the only one he missed 1st try was Caleb...and he guessed a "K").
I swear I don't force this kid to learn anything, other than manners and his bedtime prayers!


1 Comments:
I really hope that Alex learns to share the trains like Caleb does with Sammy! I still here, "No baby brother, these are my trains" every so often. You are so lucky!
Sammy looks like he is having lots of fun at his table. His expressions are priceless.
Post a Comment
<< Home