It's Pumpkin Time!!
Happy October! This might be my favorite month….love the smell of autumn, love eating fall foods (anything pumpkin is a hit with me…except pumpkin pie – weird), love fall decorations and I absolutely love fall weather. So we celebrated fall (or autumn, as Caleb calls it) this past weekend with the Webb grandparents.
Justin’s parents were here Friday – Monday. Friday we didn’t do much, but Saturday we headed to Johansen Farms fairly early (and as you can tell from the pics, we definitely beat the crowds…we were all very happy about that). This is a great little pumpkin farm about 10 minutes from our house. There is lots for the kids to do and see here …petting zoo, train ride, big air slides and jumping pits, corn maze, hay rides...and lots and lots of pumpkins. We took Caleb there last year and he loved it, and this year he was into it even more. I was surprised at how eager he was to go down a pretty steep slide (honestly, Justin was afraid to go down…honestly), he had no problems climbing up big slides on his own and he enjoyed jumping in those big air trampolines (he usually doesn’t like those). I think Sammy enjoyed the pumpkin farm too…he liked eating the straw on the hayride, looking at pumpkins and riding on the train. It was a beautiful day and we all had a really good time. Check out all the pictures.
We headed to Applebees for lunch after the pumpkin farm and Caleb showed his grandparents how well he can order for himself. After politely asking for chicken nuggets, the waiter asked if he would like fries or broccoli....I think granddad just about fell out of his chair when Caleb responded " oh, broccoli please." hahahaha.
The weather was perfect on Sunday and I took the boys to the park in the morning, while everyone else had an exciting Home Depot trip. I’m bummed I didn’t bring my camera because Sammy & Caleb were swinging side by side and they had fun watching each other – it made them both laugh. That was Sam’s first time on the swings at the playground. He loved it…his little legs were kicking the whole time. I was also surprised at how brave Caleb was on the playground equipment. He is used to playing at a toddler park, and on Sunday we were at the school where the slides are much higher and there are lots of high “drop offs”. He wanted to go down the biggest slide all by himself and he was so proud when he did it. The boys had alittle time to play with grandma and watch football when we got back home. After naptime I took the boys back outside and they had fun playing with all the neighborhood kids (I think every kid in neighborhood was out that afternoon). After dinner, Caleb played trains with grandma while Sammy practiced standing on his own (that’s his new thing).
Justin’s parents left on Monday morning after playing with Caleb for alittle while and now we are back to the usual routine. We had playgroup today and we're off to music class tomorrow. I think we are making a stop at Cookie Cutters after music class because Caleb's hair is once again, out of control. Justin would also say that Sam's hair is out of control as well, but it's not...he just has a mullet....a nice curly mullet. and I'm just not ready to cut it.
Justin’s parents were here Friday – Monday. Friday we didn’t do much, but Saturday we headed to Johansen Farms fairly early (and as you can tell from the pics, we definitely beat the crowds…we were all very happy about that). This is a great little pumpkin farm about 10 minutes from our house. There is lots for the kids to do and see here …petting zoo, train ride, big air slides and jumping pits, corn maze, hay rides...and lots and lots of pumpkins. We took Caleb there last year and he loved it, and this year he was into it even more. I was surprised at how eager he was to go down a pretty steep slide (honestly, Justin was afraid to go down…honestly), he had no problems climbing up big slides on his own and he enjoyed jumping in those big air trampolines (he usually doesn’t like those). I think Sammy enjoyed the pumpkin farm too…he liked eating the straw on the hayride, looking at pumpkins and riding on the train. It was a beautiful day and we all had a really good time. Check out all the pictures.
We headed to Applebees for lunch after the pumpkin farm and Caleb showed his grandparents how well he can order for himself. After politely asking for chicken nuggets, the waiter asked if he would like fries or broccoli....I think granddad just about fell out of his chair when Caleb responded " oh, broccoli please." hahahaha.
The weather was perfect on Sunday and I took the boys to the park in the morning, while everyone else had an exciting Home Depot trip. I’m bummed I didn’t bring my camera because Sammy & Caleb were swinging side by side and they had fun watching each other – it made them both laugh. That was Sam’s first time on the swings at the playground. He loved it…his little legs were kicking the whole time. I was also surprised at how brave Caleb was on the playground equipment. He is used to playing at a toddler park, and on Sunday we were at the school where the slides are much higher and there are lots of high “drop offs”. He wanted to go down the biggest slide all by himself and he was so proud when he did it. The boys had alittle time to play with grandma and watch football when we got back home. After naptime I took the boys back outside and they had fun playing with all the neighborhood kids (I think every kid in neighborhood was out that afternoon). After dinner, Caleb played trains with grandma while Sammy practiced standing on his own (that’s his new thing).
Justin’s parents left on Monday morning after playing with Caleb for alittle while and now we are back to the usual routine. We had playgroup today and we're off to music class tomorrow. I think we are making a stop at Cookie Cutters after music class because Caleb's hair is once again, out of control. Justin would also say that Sam's hair is out of control as well, but it's not...he just has a mullet....a nice curly mullet. and I'm just not ready to cut it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home