Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Peanut


Sam
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
Sammy had his 9 month check up yesterday....and it helped me determine what he's going to be for Halloween - - Stewie, from Family Guy. His head size is 80%, while the rest of him is teenie tiny (15% height and 20% weight). He passed all his milestones and now we will begin transitioning him to table foods (I've been using Stage 2 gerber foods). So yesterday, I gave him some puffs (what kid doesn't like puffs?) Sammy puts everything in his mouth, so you'd think he'd put these puffs in his mouth, right? Wrong. And when I finally fed them to him, he squirmed in his chair, took one out of his mouth, rolled the mushed puff between his fingers, put it back on his tray, grinned at me and then raised his arms in the air "SO BIG". I just shook my head at him. He's adorable and super sweet, but he's a piece of work.

I'm also happy to report that my little peanut is finally sleeping through the night fairly consistently (not just when grandma is around). ;) His naps are alittle pathetic, but sometimes he surprises me. I don't mind him getting up from his naps though - I like time to play with just him - he's getting to the fun stage.

We had to go back to the doctor today b/c Sammy had a weird red line all the way up his leg where he received the flu shot yesterday. It turned out to be nothing (and the mark is gone now) and I would've been kind of annoyed to drag the boys back to the doctor's office, but Caleb kept me (and those in the waiting room) entertained.

We walk into the waiting room and he immediately goes to the fish tank. There are 4 kids there and 2 moms. Caleb walks up and says "hi, my name is Caleb. ooooh, look at the fishes. Do you see the butterfly fish? That's called a butterfly fish (I have no idea what he's talking about or if there is such a fish). Oohh, look. I'm going to sit right here (he pulls up a chair)." I just sit back and watch him...along with the 4 kids who stop watching the fish and just stare at this kid that keeps talking. He decides to have a snack next to me. We have a nice conversation and the lady next to me asks how old he is. "wow, he has very good verbal skills for 2." He talks some more (to me and to the lady next to me) and then she says "he's going to be VERY smart". So then an older couple walk in and sit across from us. This is the beginning of a nice conversation he had with them:

Caleb: Hello there, my name is Caleb, this is mama, and this is Sammy. Samuel David. (I laugh...I can't believe he used Sam's middle name...so funny)
Lady: Well, it's very nice to meet all of you.
Caleb: Oh yes, nice to meet you. And you too (he says to her husband).
Man: Ooh, well thank you. Aren't you a nice young man. How old are you?
Caleb: Oh, I'm 2. I"m eating goldfish.
Man: Yes you are. You are eating them pretty fast.
Caleb: I sure am.

After awhile, the nurse calls us and I tell Caleb to tell the nice people goodbye.
Caleb: Goodbye there (like, "hi there"). Maybe I see you tomorrow.

Then to the nurse:
Caleb: Hi, my name is Caleb.
Nurse: Yes, Caleb. I remember you.
Caleb: Oh, yes you do. We are seeing Doctor Lo.
Nurse: Yes
Caleb: Can you say that? Doctor Lo.
Nurse: Yes I can. Doctor Lo.
Caleb: Oh yes, very good.

On the way out, the nurses all smile and wave to him. He is all happy and says "oh, bye there, see you tomorrow"

I sure hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home