Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 16, 2007

A Quiet Week


Trains and PJs
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
I think most of you who read this know why it has taken me so long to blog…we’ve been sick sick sick. It all started last Saturday while we were in Indiana. We headed to Justin’s parents house on Friday afternoon and the boys did a great job in the car…and seemed perfectly healthy. Saturday late morning I decided to get Caleb outside – it was a beautiful fall day and I wanted him to run around and get some fresh air. Granddad and I took the boys out, but Caleb didn’t want to go on the swing or down the slide (he usually loves doing both). I told him to just run around the big backyard and he just stood there and stared at me. Justin came outside and we all went for a walk in the corn fields…Caleb seemed perfectly fine (he was singing and smiling), but after the walk we sat outside and waited for Chris and his family to arrive …we were very excited to meet baby Zach. Of course, this is when we (okay, Justin) figured out that Caleb had a temperature. Justin called Chris right away, but didn’t reach him…so they made the trip, but never made it in the house. Although that meant more time in the car for them, I at least got a sneak peek at my new little nephew and could send them off with presents and warm clothes for Zach! I’m excited to spend more time with Zach next month.
I think Sherri (Grandma Webb) will agree with me when I say that Caleb has to be the sweetest sick kid ever. As he laid there with a 102+ fever, Sherri looked at him with a sympathetic look and Caleb said “oh gama, don’t be sad”. He’s always so worried about how people are feeling…even when he’s sick. He’s a very easy and low maintenance little patient (not your typical male, right?). So while Caleb watched TV and took naps on the couch with me (I caught the same thing), Sammy had fun playing with Grandma. Sam also wanted to show off for Grandma, so he decided to TAKE HIS FIRST STEP!!! Since last weekend, he has only decided to be brave enough one other time to take a step. I suspect he will be walking by Christmas.
We’ve been back since Sunday, but have not been too healthy. Caleb is almost over this virus (still has alittle cough), and Sam decided he wanted to tackle the virus while teething, so we had a few very rough nights. The lack of sleep has not helped me get over this virus, so the boys are in much better shape than me. Fortunately for Justin…and unfortunately for me, he has been out of town for work and in school so he has been able to keep his distance and will hopefully avoid it all. He had a final exam today and I was glad he could go into it healthy!
We did manage to make it out twice this week…one outing was to Trader Joes (a GREAT grocery store…lots of healthy/no preservatives food). We haven’t been there in awhile b/c it’s about 15 minutes away, but I was craving some of the foods they carry. Anyway, this is Caleb’s new favorite store – he had a blast…they have mini grocery carts and he was such a great little shopper. Before I gave him a cart I told him that he had to follow 2 rules. 1) he had to stay with me 2) he could not put food in his cart unless I said it was okay. He followed the rules perfectly and was so proud of himself for helping me. I would point to something and ask him to put it in his cart and he would do it with the biggest smile on his face. When we were finished, he unloaded his cart all by himself and then he received stickers and a balloon for being such a great little shopper….and then 2 of the workers had to “high 5” him (the people working there really made him feel good). I seriously think this was one of his proudest moments. It was very cute.
Today, we headed to Target for diapers and wipes. When I drove into the parking lot, Caleb started to yell.
Me: What’s wrong, Caleb?
Caleb: I don’t want to go to Target, mama.
Me: You love Target.
Caleb: No I want to go to the O’s store.
Me: The O’s store?
Caleb: Yes.
Me: I don’t know what that is, bud.
Caleb: The OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs store.
(repeat last 2 lines about 5 times)
Me: Ooh, do you mean Trader Joes?
Caleb: YES YES YES Trader Joooooooooooooooooes. I want to go, mama.
Me: They don’t sell diapers there and we need diapers. We’ll go back there soon though. I promise.
Caleb: Yes, they sell diapers there mama. Yes they do.
Me: No they don’t.
Caleb: Yes they do.
Me: No, they really don’t, but I promise to take you there next time we need food.
Caleb: Okay mama. But we do need food now.
Me: Not today, buddy.
Caleb: Okay okay okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home