Halloween and Packerland....
Halloween and Packerland….that sums up what we have been up to.
Caleb and Sam had a great Halloween (see pics). Caleb was really into it this year and it was really fun for Justin and me to watch. So…Halloween morning, the boys had playgroup – the kids had a lot of fun celebrating Halloween in their costumes together. It was also a beautiful day and the kids played outside a lot, which made for a very nice naptime. After naptime, we all headed out trick or treating. Caleb did a great job ..he was all wound up and had a blast talking to all the neighbors. He also did a good job saying “trick or treat” and “thank you” at each of the houses. We almost had one embarrassing moment…Caleb walked up to a home of an older couple….the older women answered the door and Caleb pointed to her and said “oh, you are not scary”. You knew he thought that she looked alittle scary…either that, or he thought she was dressed up and should be scary. Either way, I was ready for him to grab the treat and get out of there. Ha! After trick or treating, we went to the Oblons for our annual Halloween Party (with kids, of course). The Sobs (w/ triplets) were there too and the kids played sooo nicely together (as usual). We all had a great time.
Thursday, after a fun music class, we headed to Wisconsin. Justin was in school all weekend (even on Sunday…poor guy) so I decided to spend a nice fall weekend up north with my family. The boys slept most of the way there (thanks to a late night the night before) and were ready to play when we arrived at grandma’s house. We spent a chunk of time at the YMCA watching Brayden's soccer tournament. I think Sammy enjoyed watching soccer more than Caleb. Sammy's little legs were kicking, he was screaming with excitement and he was clapping. He really got into it! Caleb was more interested in playing basketball/soccer and running around in the open gym next door. The last game we watched, Caleb was more interested in watching and he would yell and cheer on Brayden. Sammy slept in grandma's arms this game...
Caleb also had fun helping Grandpa feed the birds, playing in big boxes at Casey's newly remodeled house and playing with his new friend Alec (see pics). Alec is Jill's youngest son and he came over to play while Jill was at a late soccer game (her boys were in the same soccer tournament as Brayden and one is on Brayden's team). The boys played really nicely together...they played on Caleb's computer and played trains. I was surprised at how well they played trains together....Alec plays alot like Caleb does though, so that helps (really uses his imagination, doesn't destroy the tracks or cause wrecks on the track, talks to the trains as he plays)...I don't think Caleb could find a better person to play trains with. In fact, as they were playing Caleb said (to noone in particular). "Oh, I like my new friend". They have seen each other many times at soccer games, but now that they have played trains, I think they'll be little buddies when they see each other again.
Caleb's other weekend highlight was playing with Uncle Dave. He was obsessed with him this weekend...and unfortunately, that meant having a meltdown when Uncle Dave had to leave. He has talked about the great block towers Uncle Dave can build ever since...and grandpa and I could not replicate.
Sammy had a good time at Grandma's too....the highlight of his weekend was playing with Millie (I think it was Millie's highlight as well). Sammy LOVED Millie. Of course, he enjoyed the soccer games as well, and I think he's eager to be able to run and kick the soccer ball alongside his older cousins.
I left my parents on Sunday during naptime...and Packer Time!! I had to listen to the game on the way home, but that at least made the trip fast and enjoyable for me. Justin was home when we arrived and we were all very happy to see him. We all ate pizza, watched football(bummer Colts fans...I was even upset about this one...) and practiced tackling. Although Sam enjoys watching soccer, he really gets into tackling and wrestling....and diving head first into anything. Do they make helmets his size?
Caleb and Sam had a great Halloween (see pics). Caleb was really into it this year and it was really fun for Justin and me to watch. So…Halloween morning, the boys had playgroup – the kids had a lot of fun celebrating Halloween in their costumes together. It was also a beautiful day and the kids played outside a lot, which made for a very nice naptime. After naptime, we all headed out trick or treating. Caleb did a great job ..he was all wound up and had a blast talking to all the neighbors. He also did a good job saying “trick or treat” and “thank you” at each of the houses. We almost had one embarrassing moment…Caleb walked up to a home of an older couple….the older women answered the door and Caleb pointed to her and said “oh, you are not scary”. You knew he thought that she looked alittle scary…either that, or he thought she was dressed up and should be scary. Either way, I was ready for him to grab the treat and get out of there. Ha! After trick or treating, we went to the Oblons for our annual Halloween Party (with kids, of course). The Sobs (w/ triplets) were there too and the kids played sooo nicely together (as usual). We all had a great time.
Thursday, after a fun music class, we headed to Wisconsin. Justin was in school all weekend (even on Sunday…poor guy) so I decided to spend a nice fall weekend up north with my family. The boys slept most of the way there (thanks to a late night the night before) and were ready to play when we arrived at grandma’s house. We spent a chunk of time at the YMCA watching Brayden's soccer tournament. I think Sammy enjoyed watching soccer more than Caleb. Sammy's little legs were kicking, he was screaming with excitement and he was clapping. He really got into it! Caleb was more interested in playing basketball/soccer and running around in the open gym next door. The last game we watched, Caleb was more interested in watching and he would yell and cheer on Brayden. Sammy slept in grandma's arms this game...
Caleb also had fun helping Grandpa feed the birds, playing in big boxes at Casey's newly remodeled house and playing with his new friend Alec (see pics). Alec is Jill's youngest son and he came over to play while Jill was at a late soccer game (her boys were in the same soccer tournament as Brayden and one is on Brayden's team). The boys played really nicely together...they played on Caleb's computer and played trains. I was surprised at how well they played trains together....Alec plays alot like Caleb does though, so that helps (really uses his imagination, doesn't destroy the tracks or cause wrecks on the track, talks to the trains as he plays)...I don't think Caleb could find a better person to play trains with. In fact, as they were playing Caleb said (to noone in particular). "Oh, I like my new friend". They have seen each other many times at soccer games, but now that they have played trains, I think they'll be little buddies when they see each other again.
Caleb's other weekend highlight was playing with Uncle Dave. He was obsessed with him this weekend...and unfortunately, that meant having a meltdown when Uncle Dave had to leave. He has talked about the great block towers Uncle Dave can build ever since...and grandpa and I could not replicate.
Sammy had a good time at Grandma's too....the highlight of his weekend was playing with Millie (I think it was Millie's highlight as well). Sammy LOVED Millie. Of course, he enjoyed the soccer games as well, and I think he's eager to be able to run and kick the soccer ball alongside his older cousins.
I left my parents on Sunday during naptime...and Packer Time!! I had to listen to the game on the way home, but that at least made the trip fast and enjoyable for me. Justin was home when we arrived and we were all very happy to see him. We all ate pizza, watched football(bummer Colts fans...I was even upset about this one...) and practiced tackling. Although Sam enjoys watching soccer, he really gets into tackling and wrestling....and diving head first into anything. Do they make helmets his size?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home