Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Caleb talks to the ghost

We played outside until about 6:00 tonight and on our way in to eat, I plugged in the "friendly ghost". Caleb usually watches me turn the ghost on from the window (inside), so tonight he was able to see close-up what the ghost looks like all lit up. He talked to the ghost for a few minutes. Not quite sure what they talked about...I was trying to snap a picture of this while keeping Sammy from eating mulch.

Caleb was all excited about Halloween tonight. We let him watch the Charlie Brown special and then he tried my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. We read Halloween books (which we've been doing for the past month) before bedtime and as he looked closely at a page on one of the books, he said

Caleb: I wish I had bigger ears.
Me: What? Why do you want bigger ears?
Caleb: I want bigger ears so I can hold a crayon there.
Me (laughing b/c I see a picture of "brother bear" w/ a pencil behind his ear on the page): You have perfect ears, buddy.
Caleb: Perfect ears?
Me: Yes, you don't need bigger ears. They are perfect just the way they are now.
Caleb. Well, sometimes I would like bigger ears. I would like to hold crayons there too.
Me: Someday you will, but for now your ears are perfect.
Caleb: Yes, they ARE perfect, mama. (pause) But I want them bigger.

After books, we said our prayers and he has noticed that we have added someone to them - - baby Zachary (his new nephew). In the prayers, I have said "Zach" instead of "Zachary". And each time after Caleb says "Zach", he also says "Weezy" (they are dragon friends on dragon tales). After prayers were over he said:

Caleb: Mama, Zach is a dragon AND a boy.
Me: That's right, Zach is a baby boy.
Caleb: Yes, mama. A baby boy. And a dragon.
Me: Yes, and the baby boy Zach is Alex's new baby brother, right?
Caleb: Yes mama. He's a baby brother. (pause) AND a dragon.

I'm tired.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In about a year, Zach will find it a compliment to be called a dragon! Also, you must be tired. Zach is Caleb's cousin, not nephew. We are not the Trump family with babies being born this year that are Uncle/Nephew in relation...but I'd take the Trump helicopter and money... Aunt Jenny

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home