A Fall Weekend In Wisconsin
We are back from a very nice weekend in Wisconsin. We arrived Friday late afternoon, and after letting the boys run around with Uncle Casey and Grandma, we headed to Caleb’s favorite restaurant – Culvers. Ha! Caleb also needed new sneakers, and conveniently located next to Culvers is a shoe store….so we had to find some cool new sneakers for Caleb. He and I were very pleased with his new shoes.
Saturday morning we headed to Brayden’s soccer game. Caleb had a great time watching Brayden play (and score 2 goals) and hanging out with Calian & Amy (Dave was coaching). Calian & Caleb enjoyed a good Piggy Back Race with Jill and her youngest son, Alec. I’m not sure who won, but they all seemed to have a lot of fun (see pics). Calian & Brayden went to Grandma’s afterwards and wore Caleb out by making great piles of leaves for him to play in – I took a lot of pictures, but only posted a “few”. After lunch, we headed to Calian’s exciting soccer game. It really was a great game, but Caleb missed it all….he slept the whole time. Sammy enjoyed watching the game and getting a lot of attention from Amy & Jill (many of you who read this know who Jill is…but for those that don’t, she’s Amy’s best friend and has basically been another member of our family since she/amy were in grade school). Casey, Jamie and Mally came over after the soccer game and Caleb took Mally to the leaf pile for more jumping and playing. As usual, they played so well together and had a great time.
Saturday night, Calian decided to change his plans and spend more time with Caleb. Caleb was very excited about his big "Sleep Over" with Calian. Grandma & Calian babysat the boys while Justin and I went to a big Haunted House with Amy, Dave, Jill and her husband Steve...and about 15 other friends of theirs. It was alot of fun. I have never been to a haunted house like that before - it took about 15 minutes to go through...and I heard Justin scream twice (he also almost broke his nose and put his teeth through my skull..seriously) Apparently, people drive from Chicago to go to this - - it was pretty impressive.
Sunday, Caleb & Sam were finally able to play with Grandpa. He had been out of town for work (arrived late Sat night), so seeing him was pretty exciting. The whole family was over for pictures (needed updated family portrait) and for watching the Packer game. Grandma made lots of yummy food and we had a little Birthday celebration for Justin. After lots of playing, filling our bellies, and putting the boys PJs on, we headed back home.
There was lots of talk today about Calian and Brayden. He also thought Mally should come to our house to play. I thought for sure he'd be crabby since he had only me to play with today, but he was actually pretty good. I even caught him sharing his lollipop with Sam. Caleb was holding it to Sam's mouth and Sam was in the process of licking it (and loving it) when I said "oh Caleb, Sam can't eat that buddy." "Oh mama, I am sharing." "Yes, and that is really nice of you, but Sam is just a baby and can't eat that." "Mama, I want Sammy to be a big boy so he can play with me." "Soon, buddy. Soon."
Saturday morning we headed to Brayden’s soccer game. Caleb had a great time watching Brayden play (and score 2 goals) and hanging out with Calian & Amy (Dave was coaching). Calian & Caleb enjoyed a good Piggy Back Race with Jill and her youngest son, Alec. I’m not sure who won, but they all seemed to have a lot of fun (see pics). Calian & Brayden went to Grandma’s afterwards and wore Caleb out by making great piles of leaves for him to play in – I took a lot of pictures, but only posted a “few”. After lunch, we headed to Calian’s exciting soccer game. It really was a great game, but Caleb missed it all….he slept the whole time. Sammy enjoyed watching the game and getting a lot of attention from Amy & Jill (many of you who read this know who Jill is…but for those that don’t, she’s Amy’s best friend and has basically been another member of our family since she/amy were in grade school). Casey, Jamie and Mally came over after the soccer game and Caleb took Mally to the leaf pile for more jumping and playing. As usual, they played so well together and had a great time.
Saturday night, Calian decided to change his plans and spend more time with Caleb. Caleb was very excited about his big "Sleep Over" with Calian. Grandma & Calian babysat the boys while Justin and I went to a big Haunted House with Amy, Dave, Jill and her husband Steve...and about 15 other friends of theirs. It was alot of fun. I have never been to a haunted house like that before - it took about 15 minutes to go through...and I heard Justin scream twice (he also almost broke his nose and put his teeth through my skull..seriously) Apparently, people drive from Chicago to go to this - - it was pretty impressive.
Sunday, Caleb & Sam were finally able to play with Grandpa. He had been out of town for work (arrived late Sat night), so seeing him was pretty exciting. The whole family was over for pictures (needed updated family portrait) and for watching the Packer game. Grandma made lots of yummy food and we had a little Birthday celebration for Justin. After lots of playing, filling our bellies, and putting the boys PJs on, we headed back home.
There was lots of talk today about Calian and Brayden. He also thought Mally should come to our house to play. I thought for sure he'd be crabby since he had only me to play with today, but he was actually pretty good. I even caught him sharing his lollipop with Sam. Caleb was holding it to Sam's mouth and Sam was in the process of licking it (and loving it) when I said "oh Caleb, Sam can't eat that buddy." "Oh mama, I am sharing." "Yes, and that is really nice of you, but Sam is just a baby and can't eat that." "Mama, I want Sammy to be a big boy so he can play with me." "Soon, buddy. Soon."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home