Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Caleb Enjoys Fall Weather

We had a pretty low key weekend…Caleb wasn’t feeling great (had a mild case of hand/foot/mouth disease) so we played alot of trains, watched more TV then I usually allow, snuggled a lot and made a trip to Culvers (I write that a lot, don’t I?). While Caleb was resting on the couch, Sammy took the opportunity to have the train table all to himself (see pics). He REALLY wants to be like his big brother.

Monday, Caleb was already back to his usual self, so we spent a lot of time enjoying the fall weather. He was sad that Dada had to go to work so we decided to make something special for his office. Caleb, Sam & I went for a nice long walk, in search of the best fall leaves for our “special art project for dada”. He must have worked up an appetite and he was definitely feeling better, because he inhaled 2 “Spider Sandwiches” afterwards. We worked on our art project after naptime and he was very pleased with himself. Sammy ate cheerios at the table while Caleb & I created our masterpiece. After craft-time, we headed back outside. Caleb played with his pumpkin ball while Sammy and I played catch.

Today was/is beautiful…has to be in the high 60s. We already spent a lot of time outside. I drew tracks all over our driveway (w/ sidewalk chalk) and Caleb has been riding his Thomas train on these new tracks. I will try to take a picture of this later today. After I drew the first track, Caleb said “oh, Thomas, look what mama did for you. That was very nice of her. Oooh, thank you mama.” I guess he liked it.

I feel like I just blogged, but the boys seem to change so fast. Sammy has picked up another sign. He now signs “more”….so “milk” and “more” are the big signs that he knows and they are actually very helpful ones. Caleb’s firsts were dog and ball. ha!

I don't know if I wrote about this before, but Caleb has a LOT of imaginary friends and they are always around (and I have to talk to them too). They are usually cartoon characters (little einsteins, dragon tales), but the other day it was grandpa. I guess grandpa came with us to the Halloween party. Hahaha. He feeds them (literally gets food out of the pantry and puts in on his highchair), takes care of them, plays with them and talks ALOT to them. My mom was able to experience this with me the last time I was home...we were eating and one of them was under his chair. I said "see, I think he's crazy." My mom quickly told me that he wasn't crazy and that having imaginary friends at this age is a sign of intelligence. Well, that's good, because he has about 100 imaginary friends living in my house...the kid should be smarter than me. And now that I wrote that, I remember a conversation I had with him the other day. He told me that something looked like an Anaconda.

me: a what?
Caleb: An Anaconda.
Me: What's that?
Caleb: A snake, mama.
Me: Really?
Caleb: Yes, it is a snake.

At dinner that night.
Me (to Justin): What's an anaconda?
Justin: A snake.

I just shrugged my shoulders. So what if he's smarter than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home