Sammy...Sweet, but Tough
My little Sammy is definitely getting a mind of his own and is quickly becoming very independent. He would really like to be walking now. He walks around alittle with Caleb's old walker and he loves standing on his own (He can now get to standing position all on his own and he is very proud of himself for it). I caught him yesterday trying to crawl up the stairs and he seems to get into everything he's not supposed to. He also has no fear, doesn't want any help walking or standing up (he moves your hands if you try to help), so he ends the day with a few red marks on his head from falls...he doesn't seem to mind. I don't recall Caleb being the same, but that's okay with me....I at least have "Mother Caleb" to help me watch him...and put pillows behind him (ha!). This is a common conversation at our house...me in the kitchen, Caleb & Sammy playing in the living room:
Caleb: oh no Sammy, don't put that in your mouth.
Me: What does he have?
Caleb: a car (he loves Caleb's matchbox cars)
Me (walking into the living room): Sammy, take that out of your mouth.
Sammy takes it out, gives me a big smile and then puts it back in his mouth.
So yes, Sammy also continues to put everything and anything in his mouth, which really drives me crazy. Here are a few other things about my little Sam.
Favorite time of day: Bathtime - especially if he gets to bathe with Caleb (they love splashing each other), waking Caleb up from his nap (his little legs kick and he squeals as I open Caleb's door).
Favorite activity: Playing cars with Caleb, climbing on things, going for walks and watching Caleb make bubbles with the bubble mower, exploring on his own, listening to music
Least favorite activity: getting diaper changed
Favorite food: Yo-Baby Yogurt (banana or vanilla)
Most disliked food: peaches
Biggest change in the last few months: No longer a snuggler...hates to be held, wants to move on his own. Very independent.
Interests he shares with his big brother: Loves music, playing cars
Differences btwn Sam & Caleb: Where do I begin?
As I mentioned in the blog from yesterday, Caleb looks after him very well. He has become an overprotective big brother. I have been scolded by him a few times for me "yelling" at Sam. The first time I was reprimanded I yelled "Sammy, NO" as he almost closed the door on his fingers. Caleb said "mama, don't yell at Sammy. You say you're sorry." I didn't want to explain myself to him (or argue with a 2 year old) so I just said "Sorry Sam" and Caleb said "oh, that's nice mama." I'm sure I rolled my eyes afterwards. Yesterday, Sammy was a pill to put down for his nap (and I'm annoyed that he doesn't like to cuddle before naptime!) so I said "fine, you can just go in your crib" and Caleb said "mama, don't be mad at Sammy" "I'm not" "oh, okay mama".
Although Caleb loves his baby brother, he does get annoyed with him. I hear "mama, he's touching me" "mama, he's annoying me" at least once a day. And in the car back from music class today, Sam was crying and....
Caleb: Mama, Sammy is crying.
Me: Yes, I hear that.
Caleb: Make him stop.
Me: You make him stop. Do something to make him laugh.
Caleb: You make him laugh.
Me: I can't. He can see you. Make a face at him.
Caleb: No, sing the bee song to him.
I sang the bee song to him and it worked. Smarty pants.
Caleb: oh no Sammy, don't put that in your mouth.
Me: What does he have?
Caleb: a car (he loves Caleb's matchbox cars)
Me (walking into the living room): Sammy, take that out of your mouth.
Sammy takes it out, gives me a big smile and then puts it back in his mouth.
So yes, Sammy also continues to put everything and anything in his mouth, which really drives me crazy. Here are a few other things about my little Sam.
Favorite time of day: Bathtime - especially if he gets to bathe with Caleb (they love splashing each other), waking Caleb up from his nap (his little legs kick and he squeals as I open Caleb's door).
Favorite activity: Playing cars with Caleb, climbing on things, going for walks and watching Caleb make bubbles with the bubble mower, exploring on his own, listening to music
Least favorite activity: getting diaper changed
Favorite food: Yo-Baby Yogurt (banana or vanilla)
Most disliked food: peaches
Biggest change in the last few months: No longer a snuggler...hates to be held, wants to move on his own. Very independent.
Interests he shares with his big brother: Loves music, playing cars
Differences btwn Sam & Caleb: Where do I begin?
As I mentioned in the blog from yesterday, Caleb looks after him very well. He has become an overprotective big brother. I have been scolded by him a few times for me "yelling" at Sam. The first time I was reprimanded I yelled "Sammy, NO" as he almost closed the door on his fingers. Caleb said "mama, don't yell at Sammy. You say you're sorry." I didn't want to explain myself to him (or argue with a 2 year old) so I just said "Sorry Sam" and Caleb said "oh, that's nice mama." I'm sure I rolled my eyes afterwards. Yesterday, Sammy was a pill to put down for his nap (and I'm annoyed that he doesn't like to cuddle before naptime!) so I said "fine, you can just go in your crib" and Caleb said "mama, don't be mad at Sammy" "I'm not" "oh, okay mama".
Although Caleb loves his baby brother, he does get annoyed with him. I hear "mama, he's touching me" "mama, he's annoying me" at least once a day. And in the car back from music class today, Sam was crying and....
Caleb: Mama, Sammy is crying.
Me: Yes, I hear that.
Caleb: Make him stop.
Me: You make him stop. Do something to make him laugh.
Caleb: You make him laugh.
Me: I can't. He can see you. Make a face at him.
Caleb: No, sing the bee song to him.
I sang the bee song to him and it worked. Smarty pants.


1 Comments:
Welcome to the world of the fearless boy! Just keep a watchful eye and let him explore.
Post a Comment
<< Home