Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Week


Sam
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
We have had a pretty crazy but good week, considering that Justin was gone for the whole week (school). He headed out Sunday morning and the boys and I just had a nice quiet day at home. Monday, I packed up the boys and headed to Wisconsin. I was lucky to leave when I did…if I had left 30 minutes later I would’ve been in the middle of a tornado just south of Milwaukee. The weather was crazy - - when I left Chicago it was 65 degrees – beautiful. Anyway, needless to say I was happy when I arrived safely in Sheboygan! We were there until Wednesday and the boys were very happy to see Grandma & Grandpa again. Amy, Casey, Jamie and Mally all stopped over to play during our little stay, which made us all very happy. I really can’t get over how well Caleb and Mally play together. Mally will be 4 years old in February and I feel like Caleb acts even older when he plays with her. It’s just refreshing to have two little kids run off and play on their own and never need anyone to break up any arguments over toys – they talk nicely to each other, they laugh a lot and they both have great imaginations and they come up with the cutest little games. I think they could entertain each other all day. Caleb gets really excited when Mally comes to play (and it's nice for me to see Jamie!). Caleb’s other favorite thing to do at Grandma’s house right now is computer time. My mom set up her old Mac on a little desk in the basement. Caleb just walks downstairs, sits down at “his desk”, turns his computer on and starts playing games on an old Sesame Street CD of Calian & Brayden’s. He can navigate through a variety of games and will play on it until I tell him he needs to do something else. I should've taken a picture of him at "his desk" because he looks so funny sitting there. It is amazing, though, to see a little 2 1/2 year old getting along just fine on his own on a computer....

So Wednesday, after Caleb & Mally played and had lunch, we headed back home ...but with Grandma! Yeah! I was REALLY wanting a trip to the Outlet Mall and our babysitter was still on break from college, so she came over Thursday morning to watch the boys while my mom & I shopped. Caleb LOVES our babysitter so he didn't mind a bit (Sam is perfectly happy as well). After lots of shopping, my dad (who was in town for work) picked my mom up and headed back to Wisconsin.

Friday, the boys and I went to my friend Lisa's house for dinner (she has 2 boys as well ...and a husband who was in school all week too!!). And Saturday, I invited Becca and the triplets over for pizza. Despite there being 5 kids in the house, it was actually a relaxing night...Caleb & Sam both had a great time w/ their friends, I caught up with a good friend AND most importantly....I watched the Packers DESTROY Seattle. Aaaaaaahhhh...I love Brett Favre. Who doesn't?

Sunday, the boys were very happy to wake up and see their daddy. We spent the day playing, watching football (sorry Colts fans), eating Justin's chili and enjoying lots of cuddle time. It was nice to have a quiet Sunday all together.

So - I posted Sam's picture because, since I have last blogged, he had his 1st year doctor's appointment and he wants me to spend time writing about all the great things the doctor said about him. Contrary to what everyone thinks, he really is a little peanut. He is in the 20% for height 15% weight and.....75% for head size (hahahaha). He passed all his milestones and apparently has already passed the milestones for his 15 month appointment. I asked what they would look at during his 15 mo check up and the Dr said "well, if he's already saying 'vacuum' I don't think we will need to worry about his verbal skills." I also learned (okay, re-learned...how quickly we forget) that at 15 months they want him to have an interest in feeding himself (CHECK), become more independant (CHECK) and they want him to start climbing upstairs (CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK). He did a great job at his appointment and his big brother was very protective of him during his check up. He told the doctor "Oh, Doctor Lo - don't put that stick in Sammy's mouth" (he was tramatized by his strep test a few months ago). He also rubbed & kissed Sam's head, and told him "it's okay Sammy" after he received a few shots. Before the nurse came in with the shots, Caleb walked up to Dr. Lo and said "oh, Doctor Lo - I want to be a Doctor just like you." He has told me a few times that he wants to be a doctor (w/o me asking) and we bought him a medical kit for Christmas (see pics of him with Brayden as his patient) but I thought it was funny that he told his Doctor. Dr. Lo got a kick out of it too.

So Sammy is saying a few more words...and the words he says are just odd. Here are his words: dada (his favorite), vacuum, nana (for banana), bathroom (yeah, that's weird), tree, caa-caa (cracker), taa-taa (thomas...as in thomas the train) and he likes to Moo like a cow. Oh, and he says "gotcha" for "ball"....isn't ball a much easier word to say? He's such a strange little kid.

I noticed today in music class that he is more social than I thought. He rarely sat down with me (when we were seated) and he was usually in the center of the circle dancing, or he would walk up to people and smile, clap, laugh, and then run back to me. He greeted everyone a few times. He actually does a good job following what the teacher does as well - - he just wants to do it while standing/walking, not sitting. Caleb loved being back in class today and Miss Joan was very happy to see him.

Sammy also continues to show no fear and he really is constantly moving on his feet. He just doesn't sit still and he is constantly thinking of new "tricks" to do. The other day, when the triplets were over, one of them was pushing Sam in a little car. How sweet, right? At one point I looked over at them and he had decided to ride while STANDING on the car with his hands up in the air. I think if Hollywood needed at 1 year old stuntman, Sammy would get the job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home