Name:
Location: United States

Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas

Once again, it's been awhile since I've blogged...things continue to be crazy around our household and the holidays seem to be making things more chaotic. Justin is swamped with work and school (more than ever), Sammy needs to be supervised every waking moment and seems to make a disaster wherever he walks/crawls and Caleb doesn't like to sleep anymore and he literally talks to me non-stop. There really isn't alot of time for me to get ready for Christmas if I want a clean house, clean clothes and food on the table. Ho hum.

The boys are really enjoying the Christmas season though, so the added craziness is well worth it. We bought our tree last Sunday and before we headed out to find that perfect tree we went to the Grand Opening of my favorite restaurant - Famous Daves! I was so happy. The boys were perfectly behaved and they had a good time afterwards picking out the tree. We drove around looking at Christmas lights afterwards. Over the course of the next few days, I managed to get the tree decorated. :)

My parents made a quick trip here this past Friday/Saturday. It was perfect timing...Justin was in school so it was very nice for me to have the company. Of course, the boys were very happy to see Grandma and Grandpa. Although Justin didn't see them, he was thrilled they were here because they took a couch out of our garage (for Casey) and once again my dad cleaned our garage for us. I told him that could've been Justin's Christmas present.

Caleb has really enjoyed watching all of the Christmas movies - - his favorite is Rudolph, but he loves Frosty too. He is obsessed with Clarice (on Rudolph) and he even sleeps with his Rudolph book every night, which is always opened to a page with Clarice...he even puts his covers on her. It's pretty cute. We are doing Christmas art projects, we are in a "holiday" music class and we have a few kids holiday parties to go to. He is very into Christmas this year and it's been very fun.

Sammy is alittle too young to understand what's going on, but he likes the Christmas tree (and so far has actually been pretty good about staying away from it), he loves the Christmas music and I think he really likes his warm reindeer PJs. :)

Sammy did another "first" yesterday....fortunately, he did it when Justin was around to see. We were actually at a friend's house last night for dinner (someone in playgroup) and Sammy stood up on his own, without holding on to anything. He clapped and danced afterwards (he's very into dancing). I'm also happy to report that Sammy is a very good eater - better with table foods than he was with baby food (can you blame him??). He will eat just about anything I put in front of him. It's been SO nice to be able to make just one dinner that the 4 of us can eat. I'm lucky that none of my boys are picky eaters. Although he's a good eater, I think he is also going to be a good "drinker"...I thought it sounded funny the other day when I said "Sammy, get out of the liquor cabinet.". He just looked at me and smiled....and then reached back in for another bottle. I should've asked him to get me one too...it's been one of those weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home